Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: BA Offer

BA Offer

BA have a deal running - has to be booked by Tuesday evening for dates from 1 Feb to 12 March. Some dates available to Orlando for £309 return.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Mo

I had the same e-mail, went through the process and got prices for £290 outward(return journey) and £310 inbound (return journey), then came to final figures and it had the ticket at £460 plus taxes, not the sale figures I was figuring, even changed the dates around a bit, and still the prices were not as low as they advertised.
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    The BA sale has been very disappointing this January.

Last year we booked in January for May and November and got really good deals.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    Mo

I had the same e-mail, went through the process and got prices for £290 outward(return journey) and £310 inbound (return journey), then came to final figures and it had the ticket at £460 plus taxes, not the sale figures I was figuring, even changed the dates around a bit, and still the prices were not as low as they advertised.
    [/quote]

I tried first week in March for Tuesday to Tursday and it actually came out lower at £307.50 (including taxes) - not that we can go then. These deals never seem to be around when we can take advantage of them.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:These deals never seem to be around when we can take advantage of them.

Mo
    [/quote]

Which, of course, is precisely why they are available at those times. [msnwink]

I rarely find anything close to a bargain fare on BA. Fares on what little is left of their UK regional network are outrageous.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:These deals never seem to be around when we can take advantage of them.

Mo
    [/quote]

Which, of course, is precisely why they are available at those times. [msnwink]

I rarely find anything close to a bargain fare on BA. Fares on what little is left of their UK regional network are outrageous.
    [/quote]

I meant the bargain flights never seem to be around when our villa is empty but, as many owners are aware from late bookings there are plenty of people who do manage to get bargain flights.

In fact we have just booked to go and see our son in Chicago with BA for £255.70 (incl. taxes) which is half the normal price

Mo
    Maureen Green

Gold 5 Star Member
    [/quote]

I meant the bargain flights never seem to be around when our villa is empty but, as many owners are aware from late bookings there are plenty of people who do manage to get bargain flights.

In fact we have just booked to go and see our son in Chicago with BA for £255.70 (incl. taxes) which is half the normal price

Mo
    [/quote]

Chicago is a different matter. Lots of competiton on that route (AA, BMI...) so BA have to fall in line. I'm by no means anti BA (I flew over 40 times with them last year) but they only give keen prices when they have to (as do all airlines of course).

AA have MAN-ORD for £250 and LHR-ORD at £258 for a lot of dates between now and the end of April so that's probably why you got that price. I have never (and wouldn't ever) pay double what you paid on that route whenever it was. At this time of year £300 would be expensive.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have to agree with Katys Grandad above.

For the last few years flights Jan-April to most of the major hubs in the USA with most of the airlines can be obtained for under £300 (not Easter or half term)New York is often around £200

Even Orlando(which is not a major hub) usualy costs around £300 on one of the various deals. I go next week to Orlando via Chicago(ORD) and it cost £240(including all taxes) with AA on one of their deals. My daughter is flying for the half term week - same route for £250 - Sat to Sat.