Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What a lovely day !!!

Florida Expert
    We keep saying we must go there, so I must do it!!! We recently bought the Beach Boys Greatest Hits on CD ( had a copy on vinyl so haven't played it for many years) and introduced them to our daughter's (14 and 12yrs) who enjoy their music - they think it has a 'happy sound'. The oldest one, who is doing Music GCSE, was quite sad we will miss the concert by just 5 days.

Anyone else appearing there in April?

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    There are concerts on frequently and a lot of them are big names.
    CDV

We have arrived back home to a cold dreary depressing day here in the Northwest

To add to my comments above, Cypress Gardens is a forgotten park. compared to Disneyworld and Universal
    Although we was first time visited, I would hate to see this little gem close due to lack of support.
    Granted not as near as Disney,maybe not as exciting for some,but well worth the journey.
    Please try and visit when you are in Florida,you will be pleasantly surprised.

Barbara

Denise,

Not much going on in April but this is the timetable that is shown at the moment for the rest of the year:

January 26, 2008 Miranda Lambert
    January 27, 2008 The Elvis Presley Story featuring Ronnie McDowell, The Jordanaires, DJ Fontana, and Millie Kirkham
    February 03, 2008 Pat Boone
    February 09, 2008 Ray Price with Special Guest Connie Smith
    February 10, 2008 Juice Newton
    February 14-17, 2008 Bows and Arrows Valentine Festival
    February 16, 2008 Loretta Lynn
    February 23, 2008 George Jones
    February 24, 2008 Bill Haley's Comets & The Knockouts
    March 01, 2008 Clay Walker and Heartland
    March 02, 2008 BJ Thomas
    March 08, 2008 Restless Heart
    March 09, 2008 Wayne Newton
    March 15, 2008 Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell, & Fabian
    March 16, 2008 Oak Ridge Boys
    March 22, 2008 Cypress Gardens' Eggstravaganza! The World's Largest Easter Egg Hunt
    March 29, 2008 Sammy Kershaw
    March 30, 2008 Beach Boys
    April 19, 2008 Charlie Daniels
    May 03, 2008 Michael W. Smith, Brandon Heath, Matthew West
    August 09, 2008 Billy Currington
    November 15, 2008 Casting Crowns
    November 23, 2008 Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by taylona
    We keep saying we must go there, so I must do it!!! We recently bought the Beach Boys Greatest Hits on CD ( had a copy on vinyl so haven't played it for many years) and introduced them to our daughter's (14 and 12yrs) who enjoy their music - they think it has a 'happy sound'. The oldest one, who is doing Music GCSE, was quite sad we will miss the concert by just 5 days.

Anyone else appearing there in April?
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    People might not recognise some of these names but many are massive in the Country genre.
    CDV

Florida Expert
    We have visited Cypress Gardens at last and we are so sorry we didnt do it years ago . A big thank you to Paula , Barbara and everyone else here who encouraged us to visit this lesser known park . My daughter had a field day ,she went on all the rides except the tiny tots ones and in some cases because it was so quiet she got a second turn . There is something here for everyone from the roller coasters to the magnicient gardens and topiary. The Festival of Flowers is on until March 30th ,and well worth a visit . There was even an Easter Egg Hunt and all the kids got some eggs, of course you had the greedy ones (parents were worse )who collected more than their share so some are going to have sore tummies even before Easter Sunday. What really impressed was how genuinely nice the park staff are ,so helpful and they appear happy to have you visit. Next time we shall watch out for some of those great concerts they have there and make a return visit. Also the town of Winterhaven is truly delightful also . How I would to be able to attend the Beachboys Concert there on March 30th but unfort unately we will be back in the real world then.
    Olive

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you all had a great time Olive.
    Paula

I like the look of Hermans Hermits with Peter Noone. I had a picture of him on my wall as a teenager [msnembarrased]
    Shirley

same here Shirley, well didnt have his posters on my walls but always liked him, saw him on Dave tv last night singing think it was old top of the pops stuff.....

glad you had had a great time in cg Olive, will try and get there next trip....
    Liesa

Thank you Olive for your feedback,like you we wished we had visited earlier, it is such a shame they don't get more visitors.Will definitely be one of my first places to visit next time we are in Florida. [msnsmile2]
    Barbara