Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owner I want to rent from has house for sale?

Owner I want to rent from has house for sale?

Hello all. I am new to the board. Residing in Canada and planning my first family WDW trip for early December. Now to my question. I found a house I love on onlinefloridavillas.com which I understand to be a reputable site with reputable owners. I love, love, love the house (in Emerald Lakes with great themed kids' rooms, big tv, etc.). The price is very reasonable and the owner has been very quick and courteous with his replies to my emails.

The problem is this. I did a quick google search of the house addy (it was on the map he sent me in one of the emails) and the house is showing as fsbo on mls. I am worried about what will happen if I book the house and it sells. He owns another property that is beautiful, but more expensive and doesn't have the themed bedrooms, big screen tv, etc.).

So is it normal to have a house for sale while renting it and should I take the risk? I'm wondering as well why someone would want to sell such a beautiful house and it looks like from his calendar that it is booked fairly well.

My other question is, should I ask the owner directly what is up with the house for sale? I don't want to seem like a cyber-stalker lol, but honestly I just googled the addy and it came up in mls and then I was really bummed out As a villa owner, would you be upset if someone asked you such a ?

Any reputable villa owner would be pleased to answer any question about their home. I am sure that whoever owns this property would be pleased to put your mind at ease about this situation.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    People sell their homes for many reasons, as you say the owner has another homw and maybe just wants to downsize and concentrate on keeping one to a high standard. They may have job changes, births, marriages, divorces, deaths, all these can affect an owners choice to sell, so it doesnt mean there is anything wrong with the home.

You are right to ask the questions and no owner I know would mind you asking for reassurances as to what would happen. I would ask for written confirmation of what would happen for example that your booking would be honooured or alternative accommodation offered at no extra cost to you. In all honesty they could not really guarantee (unless you are travelling immediately ) that the home would be the one you stayed in , as if a permanent resident bought it, that would be impossible, but I'm sure you would be offered something as good if not better.

Trust is a 2 way street and, just as we ask that we can have confidence that when a Guest makes a booking they will honour the terms and conditions with regards to payments due and respecting our homes on arrival it is only fair the as Guests you have the same confidence afforded tou, that you are getting what you pay for.

Ask the owner to give you a ring and I'm sure you will get the reassurance you , quite rightly, seek.
    Babblin Boo

I am sure the owner would expect you to ask questions if the house is for sale, and will not mind answering your questions to give you some reassurance. It would be difficult to give cast-iron guarantees, but at least you will know where you stand. Do contact and speak to the owners, and then you can make your decision.

Good luck
    Dawn
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emmsmama

The problem is this. I did a quick google search of the house addy (it was on the map he sent me in one of the emails) and the house is showing as <span style="color:red">fsbo on mls.</span id="red"> I am worried about what will happen if I book the house and it sells.
    [/quote]

???????????????
    tezz 7628

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    for sale by owner?
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628

The problem is this. I did a quick google search of the house addy (it was on the map he sent me in one of the emails) and the house is showing as <span style="color:red">fsbo on mls.</span id="red"> I am worried about what will happen if I book the house and it sells.
    [/quote]

???????????????
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    blimey that was quick i just got back to the page after it reset

what about mls
    tezz 7628

multiple listing service
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    ok thanks not come across it before
    tezz 7628

Hello all. I am new to the board. Residing in Canada and planning my first family WDW trip for early December. Now to my question. I found a house I love on onlinefloridavillas.com which I understand to be a reputable site with reputable owners. I love, love, love the house (in Emerald Lakes with great themed kids' rooms, big tv, etc.). The price is very reasonable and the owner has been very quick and courteous with his replies to my emails.

The problem is this. I did a quick google search of the house addy (it was on the map he sent me in one of the emails) and the house is showing as fsbo on mls. I am worried about what will happen if I book the house and it sells. He owns another property that is beautiful, but more expensive and doesn't have the themed bedrooms, big screen tv, etc.).

So is it normal to have a house for sale while renting it and should I take the risk? I'm wondering as well why someone would want to sell such a beautiful house and it looks like from his calendar that it is booked fairly well.

My other question is, should I ask the owner directly what is up with the house for sale? I don't want to seem like a cyber-stalker lol, but honestly I just googled the addy and it came up in mls and then I was really bummed out As a villa owner, would you be upset if someone asked you such a ?
    [/quote]

The only problem is whether the new owner will honour the booking! Sometimes people don't buy to rent and don't have to honour previous bookings. Someone we knew bought a house and because the bookings were so cheap, they wouldn't honour them either.
    I guess its a risk you take if you book a villa that is up for sale!

Tracy