Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All star movies resort

Florida Newbie

All star movies resort

We are due to go to Florida in April. I wanted to book 4 night specifically at the 'All Star Movies Resort' (my children's prefferred hotel) in Disney World, but I can't seem to get 4 nights in a row. Of course it might be fully booked, but can anyone give advice on checking the availability without having to constatly putting in dates on a website. I'm fairly flexible with my dates and just want a quick way of booking it.

The other option would be to look at any cheaper alternatives. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks

Marco

Well, I have to say, having spent a couple of nights in this 'resort' once when we had guests in our villa, that you would probably have a better time if you rented a villa. The rooms were very very small and our children had to sleep in the same bed - not to be recommneded! The bathroom was so tiny you couldn't swing a cat in it! All the rooms were accessed from the outside, too, along long verandahs. We were quite disappointed when we arrived as it looked just like Butlins! The restaurant was all plastic tables and chairs and fast food, although it may have been upgraded since we were there.

With a villa you would have bedrooms for each child, and their own bathroom, TVs etc plus your own pool!

Why not ctake a look at the villas on these sites, where you will find lots of wonderful villas available which will give you infinitely more space, flexibility and amenities than one room in a Disney resort.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    I, too have stayed on Disney Resorts and found the same problem especially with the beds as I had a son and daughter and we ended up with my husband sharing with my son and myself with my daughter. Not much fun for us all. This is when we tried villas and have never looked back and even bought one ourselves. The children, and you, will love the space and especially their own pool. Many villas have themed bedrooms especially for the children. You will be pleasantly suprised at the rates when compared with Disney too.
    Linda and Drew
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1610.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Without wanting to start a bun fight, Marco has asked for help on a specific resort not a Hotel vs Villa debate.

We all know about the space ect in a villa but there is nothing like a bit of Disney magic now and again.

We quite often like to stay on property for a few days to take advantage of the perks like the extra magic hours ect. We have young children that find the Resorts amazing and would sleep in a shoe box and not care.

I take it your are using the Disney website to search which sometimes can be a bit funny. We like Pop Century which is another good alternative to All Star Movies.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mrs Brizzle
    Without wanting to start a bun fight, Marco has asked for help on a specific resort not a Hotel vs Villa debate.[/quote]Actually, Marco also asked about alternatives. Villas are surely an alternative?[msnwink]

Of course if Marco is set on staying in just the one resort that is a different matter, but rightly or wrongly I did not read it that way.
    ellie

Florida Savvy
    Sure a villa is a great alternative usually but Marco is only looking for 4 nights though so I wouldn't have thought a villa was suitable for a shorter stay than a week.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sure a villa is a great alternative usually but Marco is only looking for 4 nights though so I wouldn't have thought a villa was suitable for a shorter stay than a week.[/quote]Lots of home owners have guests who don't stay a week book their homes where they don't have minimum rental periods so that's not a problem.

And many homes have more than a bit of Disney magic about them as some are more Disney-ed than Disney if their owners are real fans and absolutely no-one has to sleep in a shoe box!
    blott

Sure a villa is a great alternative usually but Marco is only looking for 4 nights though so I wouldn't have thought a villa was suitable for a shorter stay than a week.[/quote]It may be possible the 4 nights required are a gap-filler for a villa owner. Villa owner happy, very happy guest.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    Are you only going for 4 days...?

I stay in Disney and we love every min of it..planning a big Disney stay for my grandson Christmas and by then we should only be living up the road....LOL!.but I have no idea how you can find 4 days in a row without putting in the dates each time....sorry...
    I have to agree with Mrs Brizzle...people do get driven away from the site because of some of the answers they get to a hotel question...I've had very upsetting PMs in the past from members who think they will have a bad holiday after they have already booked up....

Chrizzy,
    do you honestly enjoy your time in the Disney budget resorts? I have stayed in two and could not wait to leave. If you are trying to share a room with your children forget it, no fun at all.
    The premium resorts take some beating but you are looking at $350 plus per night and I have enjoyed staying them.
    The comparison to a villa is no brainer for value, this is what is being pointed out. This site is Orlando'villas'.com so there is going to be some bias towards villas, but not without good reason. Unbeatable value, unbeatable accommodation, your own pool etc etc.
    Try calling Disney and ask them if what there views are of private villas, I am prety sure they will not say 'hey you will get a lot more for your money, have a great vacation'.
    If someone asks about a hotel on villa site, then we are simply going to point out that a villa is much better value.
    As for the DMs i can honestly say I have never received the same sort of 'very upsetting' messages.
    Marco if you want to book Disney and need 4 nights in a row - call Disney reservations direct, they will tell you on the spot. April will be getting booked up by now so you could be struggling.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    Are you only going for 4 days...?

I stay in Disney and we love every min of it..planning a big Disney stay for my grandson Christmas and by then we should only be living up the road....LOL!.but I have no idea how you can find 4 days in a row without putting in the dates each time....sorry...
    I have to agree with Mrs Brizzle...people do get driven away from the site because of some of the answers they get to a hotel question...I've had very upsetting PMs in the past from members who think they will have a bad holiday after they have already booked up....

[/quote]