Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Under 21s alowed to rent a Villa...

Under 21s alowed to rent a Villa...

Hi, im wanting to book a villa that is close to the theme parks.

There is 4 of us in the party. 3 are 19years old and 1 is 18.

Does anybody have or know of any villas available for the begging of June time for 2 weeks?

Thanks. Matt.

Hi Matt
    Why not send out a general enquiry from the links above and see what is still available.
    Lynne

Hi Matt,

Owners are not allowed to post on the forum if they have availability so your best bet is to enquire through the links above like Lynne has said. Your other post has some replies on it too, it is here: http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_42858.asp
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I've never been asked my age I don't think. Maybe I sound old enough on the phone [msnoo]

You may struggle with car hire under 25 though.

Our booking form does ask for the date of birth for anybody under the age of 21 and I would imagine that most owners ask the same. I am surprised that you have never been asked this question if you are booking direct with the owner.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wellsy
    I've never been asked my age I don't think. Maybe I sound old enough on the phone [msnoo]

You may struggle with car hire under 25 though.
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    The main reason for asking the age of anyone under 21 is to make sure that (in the case of US guests at least) you have a valid contract. In the UK the age at which a person can enter into a legally binding contract is 18 but in the US is 21. So if an owner accepted a ooking and there was some issue, perhaps with payment or damage that required Court intervention for example, if the lead Guest is not over the age of majority then the contract would be null and void, leaving the owner with what could be (worst case scenario - if the house was damaged eg by fire, beyond repair) with a loss of several hundred thousand dollars.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    wow Steph - I didnt know that - not that I have booked it out to under 21s but certainly wouldnt entertain the idea now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gwen

Gold 5 Star Member
    Actually Gwen I have been looking at it again and I am pretty sure I have seen that a contract is enforceable if a person is over 18 in both countries and what I orginially posted may now be out of date but am trying to check.. However to avoid any ambiguity or possible comeback if a younger party should rent and break alcohol laws for instance then I would prefer to make sure that there is no way it could come back to me. Knowing how some of these obscure laws work in that you can be held responsible for some things even if you didnt know it was going to happen.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    These are the State ages of majority and some still are 21

UNITED STATES:

Alabama - 19, No modifications.
    Alaska - 18.
    Arkansas - 18 or when child graduates from high school.
    California - 18; unless child still in high school, then on graduation or 19th birthday which ever occurs first.
    Connecticut - 18.
    D.C. - 21 years of age, or at the point the minor is self supporting through marriage, employment,
    or military service.
    Delaware - 18.
    Florida - 18.
    Georgia - 18.
    Hawaii - 18.
    Idaho - 18.
    Illinois - 18.
    Kansas - 18.
    Kentucky - 18, 19 if attending high school
    Louisiana - 18: unless emancipated earlier by notarial act, marriage or judicial determination: if child is still in high school, then age 19, or upon graduation from high school, whichever occurs first.
    Maine - 18.
    Maryland - 18.
    Massachusetts - 18.
    Michigan - 18.
    Minnesota - 18. With a person's 18th birthday come most of the rights, privileges, responsibilities, and obligations of adulthood. These rights include the right to vote, the right to make contracts, the right to marry without permission from parents or guardians, the right to purchase a firearm, and the right to serve on a jury.
    Mississippi - 21
    Montana - 18; or earlier if married, in the military, or fully financially independent of custodial parent.
    Nebraska - 19
    New Hampshire-Age if Majority: 18 (FULL CIVIL RIGHTS)
    New Mexico - 18; however, a 16 year old may be emancipated by having entered into valid marriage or active duty in armed services or by receiving declaration of emancipation pursuant to court petition and order showing he/she is living apart and managing his/her own affairs.
    Nevada - 18; 19 if still in high school.
    New York - 21; NY has no statute with respect to emancipation*; issue is decided on case-by-case basis; emancipation can take place before 21, if appropriate court so decides
    North Carolina - 18
    North Dakota - 18
    Ohio - 18 or graduated from high school, whichever occurs later.
    Oklahoma - 18.
    Oregon - 18; 21 if in school half-time or more.
    Pennsylvania - 18 and out of high school.
    Puerto Rico - 21 years of age, or whenever minor is self-supporting through marriage.
    Tennessee - 18; unless child is still in high school; in such cases emancipation occurs when child graduates from high school or when class child is in when he/she reaches age of majority.
    Utah - 18, or child graduates with high school graduating class.
    Vermont - 18.
    Virginia - 18 or a full-time high school student, not self-supporting, and living in the home of the parent, until the child reaches the age of nineteen (19) or graduates from high school, whichever comes first.
    Washington - 18, Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, all persons shall be deemed and taken to be of full age for all purposes at the age of eighteen years.
    Wisconsin - 18 and graduation from high school, or 19 years of age, whichever is sooner.

CANADA-AGE OF MAJORITY BY PROVINCE:

Alberta: 18.
    British Columbia: 19.
    Manitoba: 18.
    New Brunswick: 19.
    Newfoundland: 19
    Northwest Territories: 19.
    Nova Scotia: 19.
    Ontario: 18.
    Prince Edward Island: 18.
    Quebec: 18.
    Saskatchewan: 18.