Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Too Young to rent a Villa...

Too Young to rent a Villa...

Hi, Me and 3 friends are trying to rent a villa in June 2008. Do you have to be a certain age to rent a villa. Or do all villas have there own rules? Thanks. 3 of us are 19 and 1 is 18.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Matt

Generally most owners will require a minium age of 21, this is quite normal in the US and the legal drinking age etc is 21. You may well find some owners that will accept a younger age, you will be better off putting a general enquiry through the sites above and list your ages to ask if any owners will accept this. and see what you get back
    CERI

Another problem you may face is car hire with you being so young.
    Lynne

You will need to hire a car, you can use taxi's but the hassle factor and cost is much higher than having your own car.

If you use the link below they will hire you a car if you are 19 or above. Drivers who are 19 or 20 pay an extra $20 per day surcharge. The rates are very good even with the under 21 charge. So now all you need do is find a villa. Good Luck

Dave

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/u-save-car-rental.aspx
    Dave Lewis

Florida Chatterbox
    I think when we booked through virgin our car hire was a problem cos I was young and i was the driver. We took their ultimate/platinum insurance (or whatever it is called) and it worked out great. It might be worth checking that. Although I suppose only available if you have used virgin.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The other hindrance is that the night life (bars, pubs etc.) will be off limits to you as the legal age is 21 in Florida and it's strictly enforced.

I've had 4 19yr olds - however they were the son (and his friends) of our accountant! Do as Ceri suggested and put out an enquiry on the the sites on here, advising of the age of the party, as each owner has a different criteria regarding age etc. You may find people want credit card authorisation from parents as a guarantee.
    Fiona