Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Help on things to do and migration

Florida Chatterbox

Help on things to do and migration

Hello fellow board members, hope you all are doing good and those already living in the sunshine state enjoying their new life and those thinking of moving don't give up.

Here is my dilema, I am at present in the uk with my wife and kids and we the family have been thinking for a while of moving to the states, especially florida or atlanta. If any of you guys have lived in the two states what are the positives and negatives of both.

Also I am wondering what would be the best route to migrating to the states.

Scenario one, would be through my dad who is an american citizen and have been living there for over 30 years in ft lauderdale, got siblings and all over there.
    Scenario two, would be thought an agency like new horizon who has helped many people moved.

The problem with scenario one, my dad, would take a long time as i am over the age of 21 and married, whilst scenario two would need a large sum of investment through a business.

My family and I are due to come over on a holiday in march, but we have been to florida every year, but this time we would like to try other things than just the theme parks, as we one day would like to make florida home, so living out there is more than just holiday.

So advice and information would be very grateful and thanks for reading.

Hi Wayne,

You might want to have a look in the moving to Florida section of the forum here:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/default_14.asp

There is a lot of information already in this section whihc may help you.

Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've sent you a PM...

Gold 5 Star Member
    1-130 Petition by a US citizen for a green card for a married child over 21, currently processing applications received in June 2006. So we are looking 18 months wait. E2 visa if filed through London, 6 months wait. Option A will cost you nothing, option B will cost you a whole bundle of cash and you might get turned down. To me it is a no brainer. Though there is nothing to stop you doing E2 and then getting your father to sponsor you, so at least you could sell your business when you get the green card putting you in a better position than many of us. Dont do it the other way around, as they dont like you to show immigrant intent for E2, or to have shown it.

I like living in Florida for the weather, wildlife, affordability of nice houses etc. Georgia is beautiful particularly in the mountains in the north. Have only been to Atlanta once and briefly but it looked to be a nice city. However personally I would go to where you already have family at least to start with. No matter how many times you have visited on holiday there is a culture shock on moving out for good and the support would be beneficial.
    Julie