Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security and safety

There are many homeowners who often go to Florida as lone travellers, especially the women!!! Something to do with shopping opportunities I think [msnwink]

I went alone for a few nights in Nov before my husband joined me, and I am hoping to do the same again this year[msnsmile] That's a measure of how safe I feel, just exercise normal common sense!

Have fun[msnsmile2]

Liz

Florida Expert
    An interesting story that came out on TV just recently may interest.

Apparantly their is a fund that prosecutors can use to pay for people to travel back to FL if they have been a victim of crime.

The fund is there to ensure people travel back for court dates etc so that they can testify against the criminals.

Seems that this fund is about to run out, and what their saying now is, if its not made available again then people will not travel back out of their own money.

The result, the bad guys get away with it.

What they are trying to do is get the powers that be to ensure that the fund is updated, and the worrying thing they came out with, is if the bad guys realise this, they could target tourists with out fear of prosecution.

That would be a bad thing....
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can in some cases get a visa to stay in the USA if you have been a victim of crime and you are helping the police....I don't know much about it...only just found out about it a while ago...
    Never heard of a fund...very intersting...

Before this thread goes entirely off topic, we lived in Florida for 5 years in Crescent Lakes a typical vacation home community. We rarely locked our front door and often used to leave a convertible on the drive overnight with tools and stuff on show. My children would play out in the streets and go to the local park. Never once did we witness any crime. We felt very very safe.

The car rental companies no longer put their ID on their cars, so the rental cars look the same as the regular cars - thsi to avoid just that problem.
    deejay

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I always feel safe when in Kissimmee, I have been to Florida lots of time and also to other states and have never felt uneasy. I am usually in smaller communites if I am in a City I tend to stay on the outskirts. There are lots of places around the UK that I would try to avoid and the same applies in the States.
    Lyn

Anyone who has visited Disney cannot fail to be amazed at the rows and rows of buggies lined up outside the attractions with people's belongings left in them in open view. I have seen cameras etc left in them, and nobody seems to go around pinching things. Now ask yourself if you would leave anything in your baby's buggy outside a shop in England, let alone at a theme park!

Florida is a very safe place to holiday in. There are parts of London you would not feel safe walking through, but the tourist areas of Orlando are amazingly safe.
    ellie

I feel safe in Florida than in parts of Manchester where we live.
    Regards, Mark