Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Closes Down

Florida Chatterbox

Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Closes Down

What a shame, one of the good dinner shows closed down tonite here in Orlando.
    Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede is gone!
    240 Employees sacked - Tickets will be refunded.
    They got an offer for the building/site which was too good to turn down in spite of the fact that they had record attendances for the Christmas show.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went to the Christmas show in November and really enjoyed it. What a shame.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Funnily enough that is exactly what I speculated may have happened after someone mentioned it elsewhere as the report said they were looking at a new location to buil, which if something is not successful you don't then replicate it nearby.
    Shame, we nearly went Christmas but ran out of time so didnt get there.

According to the local paper reports at least the employees are getting 60 days pay so that will help them in the transition and hopefully will find new jobs quickly. As others have found though its not a very nice way to start the New Year to find you no longer have a job.
    Babblin Boo

Shame - that was on our list for April
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    Oh no, we were finally going to go this year [msnsad] How disappointing - it just goes to show that you shouldn't keep putting off something if you want to do it [msnsad]

Florida Expert
    Never Mind
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've never been to the show - but always liked to see the Christmas tree from the I4
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    It has been on the news this morning that it was closed due to an offer that could not be refused from the shopping development just across the road, all staff were given 2 months wages, not great to those who work there as where does 2 months wages go.

My managers daughter and son-in-law both work here, so not good news for them [msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen
    My managers daughter and son-in-law both work here, so not good news for them [msnsad]
    [/quote]

And they have a new baby on the way, poor John & Nichole[msnsad]I felt so sorry for them when I read about it closing down. We met them both at the show during our November trip.
    John was excellent as the clown in the show
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]