Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Villa supplies

Florida Newbie

Villa supplies

Getting the hang of this forum thingy...so next query...do the villas have on average, basic cleaning equipment...hoovers..mops..detergent..dishcloths.. that sort of thing...can't have the wife going without! or are you expected to buy your own..(sundries not wife)..and can i expect there to be inflatable pool toys for the kids.
    Again many thanks in advance.[msnsmile2]
    Duncan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes, they have all that and probably some more like buckets, dusters, etc but some don't have detergents of any kind as these can pose a danger to small children if guests leave them in inappropriate places (we can't guarantee where they are going to leave them!) so they're removed by our cleaners after every departure for safety reasons.

Most homes will also have pool toys - sometimes these need to get weeded out because, like Topsy, they grow as generous guests leave them behind and we'd be overrun by them otherwise!
    blott

Florida Expert
    Whilst villas are self-catering we leave a small supply of dishwasher tablets and detergent and expect guests to do the same, enough to get over the first day or so.

Mops, buckets, vacuums, irons, ironing boards it should all be there in your villa.

Pool toys are a tricky subject, I don't keep lilo's that may have been left but arm bands, balls and foam strips are in our garage.
    Clare R

Florida Savvy
    Hi... as an owner we supply all the cleaning stuff that you mention but enforce what Blott says snd we dont supply washing powder/liquid, dishwasher detergent or washing up liquids due to mis-use by minors or risk of alergies by guests, we sugest that guests get there own and dispose of what they dont use after there stay or the cleaners will do this plus and perishable goods and foodstuffs left by guests

Blotts not wrong about the pool stuff.... sometimes i wonder what they do with so many goggles and snorkles and as for the inflatables heaven knows how the guest gets in the pool with all the toys they get.... should go round the estate and collect them up and open a market stall...

Malcolm

There is also an excellent service provided that will do a 'shop' for you before you arrive so you have all the essentials waiting for you. I can let you have the website if you DM me as not sure if I can post it on here.

Sandra

Florida Expert
    And don't forget that Walmart is open 24 hrs so you can easily drop after arrival and pick up the basics of what you need!
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Also to add to Sandra's post have a word with the villa owner as most of them can supply a basic welcome pack that you can ask to have items added to and are supplied by the owners managment company on morning of arrival...

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orchidvilla
    Also to add to Sandra's post have a word with the villa owner as most of them can supply a basic welcome pack that you can ask to have items added to and are supplied by the owners managment company on morning of arrival...

[/quote]

Our Management Company will buy anything the guests want and deliver it (for a small fee of course!)..