Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Short Term Boat Hire

Florida Junior

Short Term Boat Hire

Do any of you have any suggestions for a half / full day boat hire?

We are not looking for anything too particular just a day exploring and somewhere nice for a picnic.

Florida Junior
    Hi,
    Will you be staying in the Englewood / Gulf Coast area?
    GulfCoveFL

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can rent an airboat on the 192 in Kissimmee or, of course, go on a 'proper' (driven by an expert!) airboat ride at either of two Boggy Creek Airboat locations, both of which have picnic facilities, and lots of great wildlife to spot.

You can rent a fishing boat at either East Lake Toho or Lake Toho, just Google Orlando fishing.

For a just picnic, you may do better going to one of the many State parks where you can normally see lots of wildlife and which have picnic facilities in natural surroundings.
    blott

Florida Junior
    Can you tell me the location of the airboat rentals on the 192 in Kissimmee, as we were looking to rent one when we were in Orlando in December, we did see a sign for them, but the entrance had a big padlocked gate, any info would be appreciated.

Colleen

Gold 5 Star Member
    The location is just not that far from Wal-Mart on the 192 and on the same side of the road. I haven't noticed a padlock but I'm in Florida at the moment and will check next time we go past and post again here.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went past, but on the opposite side of the road, last night. I have, however, found a phone number for the air boat operators so you could call them to check (407) 847-3672.

The exact location is 1/2 mile East of Medieval Times on Highway US192 (Marker 15) 4266 W. Highway 192, Kissimmee.
    blott

Florida Savvy
    Hi Colleen
    We have used the airboats on the 192.
    They are a nice way to spend an hour (I think it cost $20 - $30 for the hour ).
    They are only small - maybe enough room for 5 and go no faster than 10 mph.
    When we used them we saw some fish ,terrapins and some snakes - I think they were called Black Racers - no gators.
    You are also under the landing area of a local airport so you get quite a lot of small private jets come over only a couple of hundred feet above you.
    The driver has to show his driving license
    At the same place you can hire canoes at about $10 for the day and also fishing equipment but remember there are no shades on any of these boats so don't use them when it is too hot.
    Also there are boats at Downtown Disney that you can rent out that take all different size groups and are also a nice way to spend an hour or two - no experience necessary.
    Rob

You can hire a boat at Turkey Lake State Park for $15 dollars a day, Thursday - Sunday. Details about the park can be found here:

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/or...lake-park.aspx

This does need to be pre-arranged, though.
    Euan

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lisbon

You are also under the landing area of a local airport so you get quite a lot of small private jets come over only a couple of hundred feet above you.

The driver has to show his driving license
    Rob
    [/quote]

always thought pilots needed good eyesight
    tezz 7628

Florida Junior
    Thanks everyone for the info on the airboats, we will definately be looking for them again when we next visit, hopefully in the summer.

Colleen