Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To heat or not to heat..that is the......

Florida Newbie

To heat or not to heat..that is the......

Hope some one can advise me on the hot topic of pool heating....we are going on villa holiday first 3 weeks in October 2008, 5 kids...9 thru to 4 years old and do not know if the added expense of pool heating is worth it or not...will it make a considerable difference?...what sort of weather can we expect?
    Many thanks in advance....nice forum by the way...
    Duncan

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I let my guests decide whether they need pool heating when they arrive in October. If they do I charge them in dollars and they pay my MC, If the pool is hot enough they have saved quite a bit of money.
    Remeber that the pool will take a while to heat up when the heating is turned on.
    If my guests have paid in advance the pool heating is generally turned on the day before they arrive.
    So far none of my October guests have required pool heating.
    Christine

Duncan,

I would go with the pool heating, your children will love you for it.

The daytime weather will be great, but it's the night time when temperatures drop to the low 70's is where the pool loses it's heat. Your pool temperature will be around 85 degrees, and can lose as much as 2 - 3 degrees during the evening + night. Mid 70 degrees water temp feels cold
    Wilf & Sarah

Hello Duncan,

this is such a difficult one to answer as the desired heat of a pool is a very subjective thing. My husband likes the pool to be warmer than I do. However, if I was visiting our house in October, I would definitely have the pool heat on.

You should bear in mind that most pool experts will say that the pool shouldn't be heated above 86 degrees anyway, otherwise it kills off the chemicals that are there to protect the water - so it's unlikely it's going to feel like a warm bath anyway, but heating does definitely make it much nicer in the pool in the slightly cooler months (although October will still be nice and warm and is one of our favourite times of the year to visit).

Many owners will let you switch the pool heat on after arrival if you then decide it's too cold, but bear in mind it can take over a day to heat up whereas if you book it in advance, it's nice and warm when you get there.

Dianna

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

We go every October and have always needed pool heat, and with young children they will be so disappointed if they can't swim the moment they arrive - I went in an unheated pool ONCE in September when the weather was gorgeous but the water was so cold it took several glasses of dutch courage to get me in [msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

We have our pool heated for us even when we go in July and August[msneek], I am a bit of a wimp [msnwink]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Hi, the only time I have been when we didn't have pool heating was July. As we normally go in the winter months we always need pool heat, I would like to say for the children but i'm a wimp too![laugh]

Hi Duncan,

The temperature of the pool water will depend on the outside air temperature at the time but by mid October this is beginning to drop in the evenings. I think you'll be O.K. without as the pool is much more refreshing that way but if you like your pool to feel 'warm' maybe you better go for the heating or check out the arrangements for the M.C. to put it on after you arrive, if needed.
    Have a great vacation,
    Jeanette

HI DUNCAN
    You need pool heat as said before it goes cold at night and if you come back from the theme parks you can have a swim in comfort .
    Put the pool cover on if you are not using the pool even in the day time it keeps it clean and keeps the heat in .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

I always have the pool heat on if we go in October, too chilly for me otherwise.
    Shirley
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1786.aspx