Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dollar 4x4 SUV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    and I have watched Top Gear several times so I must be right[msnwink]
    [/quote]

LOL !

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Well it looks like I will need to keep an open mind[msneek]

Tonish, Yes my husband does have a classic Porsche 911 as his weekend car and we also have 2 Grand Voyagers that we love, plus I am also a big fan of Top Gear however Top Gear slated my Grand Voyager [msnscared] but I adore it, its like driving a lounge - full leather, 3.3 litre engine so very quick, electric doors and tailgate, DVD etc etc - what;s not to love[msnwink] and as I spend at least 2 hours a day on the school run it's a great car for me and the children[msnsmile2]

Many on here love the 300c but we had one last year and did not rate it at all so I think it's one of those situations where we will have to wait and see what SUV we get and then make our minds up.

Dinanna I agree with your point that you can really test drive a car for a couple of weeks without having to buy it[msnwink] However I would draw the line at a Metro!!![msnoo][msnoo][msnoo]LOL!!!!!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Another question for you then do the SUV's have leather seats[?][?] Can't stand cloth seats[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

The Durango has leather seats, not sure about the others.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

The Durango does have leather seats, the Jeep Grand Cherokee we had last time had half leather. Julie, I also drive a Grand Voyager here in the UK and I absolutely love it, I am pretty certain you would love the Durango[msnwink]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Thanks Dianna and Karen[msnsmile2]

Well I love the Grand voyagers - had a fab one last time we were in Florida - we also had an upgrade to a Durango and whilst I loved being in it, I found the gas pedal awkward - my foot didn't seem to be long enough to rest on the floor and reach the pedal properly,(I'm no Cinderella so it wasn't that) but I did so little driving that particular holiday (couldn't get Dave out from behind the wheel!!) that it wasn't a major problem - I'm sure if I'd had more chance to fiddle with the seat position etc I'd have got a more comfy position.

Just for the record, we're both avid Top Gear fans and Dave is a bit of a petrol head and used to drive competitively[msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

My Durango didn't have leather seats!!

I've clearly been given the poor man's version. The Expedition did have leather seats.
    Tonish

Florida Expert
    Our Durangos did

Well, obviously someone didn't think I looked like I would appreciate a decent car.

Must be the bowler hat.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    I have to agree with Tonish on this one, we had an "upgrade" to a Durango a couple of years ago and it was just a great big ugly beast. Like most American cars it was cheaply put together, all nasty plastic, all noise and no power, had a rubbish auto gear box (with only 4 gears!) and a ridiculous level of fuel economy (I could feel the planet warming as I drove out of the airport!!)[msnembarrased]

We have hired a Durango, a few Jeep grand cherokees, 300c and Dodge caravan and they are all pretty awful. I am always thrilled to get back behind the wheel of my own car when I get back home.

That said, they have all done one great thing, got me and my family around florida on fantastic holidays and helped build amazing memories and for that I forgive them all their nastiness.[msnwink]

We have just booked a Jeep Grand Cherokee (which in my opinion the best of a bad bunch) from Dollar for this Febs break. As always we booked through this site because of the great service and unbeatable price.