Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 2008 visit

Florida Newbie

March 2008 visit

My family is considering a week stay in Orlando in mid-March (15th-22nd), 2008. We are looking at villas for rent on the sister site to this one, and have just about wrapped up a rental across the highway from Disney. How would you suggest we find out what special events are going on at Disney and Universal during that week before Easter? Any websites you can suggest?

Thank you in advance.

You are there for the flower and garden festival at Epcot which starts on the 19th March .
    If you are into sport rather than flowers, the Atlants Braves do their spring traing at Wide World of Sports at this time.
    It's also the national cheer leading competition.

If you are a regular visitor you will know that there are so many things to do.
    Have you used the florida guides on all the sister sites as these are a great source of information, even for regulars?
    Angela

Florida Newbie
    Wow, thank you for that info. I looked at the Epcot Flower show and it looks great. Music act while we are there is the GUess Who, a band my husband loves. Any idea if you can get priority seating for the music events? (like what you can do w/the Candlelight processional at Christmas time?)

The Braves and cheer leading competition also sound good.

Florida Expert
    All the parks have their own web sites and you can get up to date information on them.
    Congratulations on choosing a villa and have a great vacation.

Mike and Kath.

Yes all the parks have their own webites with all the events listed. If you want to find out if there is anything in the Orlando area the local newspaper site [name edited] is a good scource of information.
    Have a great holiday

Val

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We go every year to the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot, Its wonderful.
    Even better if you can enter the park from the entrance at International Gateway (which brings you in between the UK & France) before the World Showcase part of the park opens. There are very few people about so you can take some great pictures, at your leisure with no strangers getting into the shots[msnwink][msnwink] just don't tell everyone
    mike

Florida Expert
    For the first time we have decided to visit Florida in March,this is because we are invited to a wedding in Malta in June when we nornally visit Florida so Im really interested in this thread .My daughter asked what the temperture is like in March ,I have no idea because sunbathing is not on my priority list ,but actually what is it ?. The Flower and Garden Festival really appeals ,thats something I know I would enjoy.
    Olive

Gold 5 Star Member
    on both visits in march we found the weather to be in the low to mid 80's so nice but not uncomfortable [msnsmile]

Florida Newbie
    Orlandodaze, you might also look into the Mardi Gras celebration at Citywalk during March. Coloful parades each day/night, and music concerts on Sat. nights.

We've been in March several times and have always swum in the pool at the villa but we required pool heat. It is generally in the mid-70s to low 80s, great park weather. One time we ordered a masseuse to come and give my husband and me massages by the villa pool (a great suggestion on this board). It was warm enough to do that too.

The topiaries for the Flower and Garden shows online look GREAT!

FreddieHollie thanks for that tip, we will follow it.

Florida Savvy
    We are also visiting in March over Easter time (8 - 23rd) and some other things going on that may interest you are :-

St Patricks Day event in Celebration 15th March

Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival 14th,15th,16th March

fingers crossed for great weather
    Heidi