Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Telephone Numbers

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
    Must be a local thing. I'm in Seminole County. We have to prefix with 407 or 321 for all local calls.
    [/quote]
    Thats weird, our shop is in Seminole, and as i said when i dial any 407 number i just use the last 7 numbers!!!!!
    Maybe its your phone provider that somehow restricts your local calls, its not failed for me yet[?][?][?][/quote]We've changed telephone providers twice since this thread started in 2002 and we still have to dial 407, even though we have a 407 telephone number.
    [/quote]
    So whats your point?
    Are you telling me i'm wrong? I use the phone every day, and have not had a short dialled 407 number not get through yet.
    Neil & Kay

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I think the point is that you seem to be the only one to be able to do this - I know we too have the same problem as Blottie and others.

I have no doubt you can do what you say but everyone else we know of cannot.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty

So whats your point?
    Are you telling me i'm wrong? I use the phone every day, and have not had a short dialled 407 number not get through yet.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Must be a local thing. I'm in Seminole County. We have to prefix with 407 or 321 for all local calls.[/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    Thats weird, our shop is in Seminole, and as i said when i dial any 407 number i just use the last 7 numbers!!!!!
    Maybe its your phone provider that somehow restricts your local calls, its not failed for me yet[?][?][?][/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Blott
    We've changed telephone providers twice since this thread started in 2002 and we still have to dial 407, even though we have a 407 telephone number.
    [/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty

So whats your point?
    Are you telling me i'm wrong? I use the phone every day, and have not had a short dialled 407 number not get through yet.[/quote]I thought it was easy enough to understand. You were suggesting that the reason that you can do this is perhaps because of telephone providers.

I was pointing out that this cannot be the reason as we've changed telephone providers twice since 2002.

So, in view of the above, why it works for you and not for others, it seems highly unlikely that the reason is related to telephone providers.

And so, the whole point was that there must be another reason why you can do this.

Perhaps it's because you're dialling from a business premises?

In any case, since this thread was started to help villa guests using the telephone service that is provided in their rental home, then we'd best leave it up to the individual home owners to inform their own guests of the procedures in place in their own home.
    blott

I think that Freetalk may have something to do with whether you need to dial 10 digits or only 7. It is not a local service as such, so like cell phones doesn't have an exact area therefore you need to dial all 10 digits. As a non vacation home business Frosty wouldn't be eligible for Freetalk.
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
    I think that Freetalk may have something to do with whether you need to dial 10 digits or only 7. It is not a local service as such, so like cell phones doesn't have an exact area therefore you need to dial all 10 digits. As a non vacation home business Frosty wouldn't be eligible for Freetalk.[/quote]Unfortunately, that's not the answer either as we've never had Freetalk (but do have another free to our guests long distance provider) but, since about 2000 or 2001, have had to dial 10 digits for local (free) calls. Previous to that, we only dialled 7 digits.
    blott

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Must be a local thing. I'm in Seminole County. We have to prefix with 407 or 321 for all local calls.[/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    Maybe its your phone provider that somehow restricts your local calls, its not failed for me yet[?][?][?][/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Blott
    We've changed telephone providers twice since this thread started in 2002 and we still have to dial 407, even though we have a 407 telephone number.
    [/quote]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty

So whats your point?
    Are you telling me i'm wrong? I use the phone every day, and have not had a short dialled 407 number not get through yet.[/quote]I thought it was easy enough to understand. You were suggesting that the reason that you can do this is perhaps because of telephone providers.

I was pointing out that this cannot be the reason as we've changed telephone providers twice since 2002.

So, in view of the above, why it works for you and not for others, it seems highly unlikely that the reason is related to telephone providers.

And so, the whole point was that there must be another reason why you can do this.

Perhaps it's because you're dialling from a business premises?

In any case, since this thread was started to help villa guests using the telephone service that is provided in their rental home, then we'd best leave it up to the individual home owners to inform their own guests of the procedures in place in their own home.
    [/quote]

Well if thats the case why did you tell them something that they can't do?
    The original post was about using alphanumeric keys for numbers to dial.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:In any case, since this thread was started to help villa guests using the telephone service that is provided in their rental home, then we'd best leave it up to the individual home owners to inform their own guests of the procedures in place in their own home.[/quote]
    So what help does telling them something they can't do?

You passed a comment that you can't short dial, which had no relevance to the original post, i simply pointed out that i could!
    Neil & Kay