Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Telephone Numbers

Florida Savvy
    wonderful, thankyou for that, i just have to get myself a phonecard now! kerry

wrpac00
    kezza5222, just for your info '44' is the access code for the UK from anywhere in the world. All you have to do, anywhere, is to find out the international dialling code for the country you are in (i.e. 011 for the US) then take off the '0' from the number you are calling.

http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/index.php
    i use this one to find out what and where and how!! have checked and cant find anything that may it edited [msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    In most of the USA local numbers are just seven numbers. XXX-XXXX. Orlando, for some reason, you need to add the area codes 407 or 321 to all local numbers. Never did figure that out. I used to live in Jacksonville and we never used the area code theere for local calls.
    Very strange!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:In most of the USA local numbers are just seven numbers. XXX-XXXX. Orlando, for some reason, you need to add the area codes 407 or 321 to all local numbers. Never did figure that out. I used to live in Jacksonville and we never used the area code theere for local calls.
    Very strange![/quote]

In Southern Dunes - 863 area code - we don't have to dial the 863 for local calls either.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    For those of you who have been to Florida some time ago and not returned recently, you used to be able to dial a 407 number without using the 407 part. You now have the dial the whole number, ie dial the 407 as well as the following 7 numbers.

Blott
    [/quote]
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
    In most of the USA local numbers are just seven numbers. XXX-XXXX. Orlando, for some reason, you need to add the area codes 407 or 321 to all local numbers. Never did figure that out. I used to live in Jacksonville and we never used the area code theere for local calls.
    Very strange!
    [/quote]

Not sure where you guys got that from, i call 407 numbers from the shop all the time, without using the 407 prefix, and never have a problem???????
    (the shop is a 407 number)
    Neil & Kay

Florida Expert
    Must be a local thing. I'm in Seminole County. We have to prefix with 407 or 321 for all local calls.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Expert
    Must be a local thing. I'm in Seminole County. We have to prefix with 407 or 321 for all local calls.
    [/quote]
    Thats weird, our shop is in Seminole, and as i said when i dial any 407 number i just use the last 7 numbers!!!!!
    Maybe its your phone provider that somehow restricts your local calls, its not failed for me yet[?][?][?]
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have found that it depends on the next 3 numbers as well as the area code, as to whether you need to dial the whole 10 digits or just 7.

For example some 863 numbers are within our local toll free area but others, even though they have the same prefix (863), are not, and they are chargeable and need the whole 10 digits dialled to register.

That's how we think it works, but that may be completely wrong [msnembarrased]
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    [/quote]
    Thats weird, our shop is in Seminole, and as i said when i dial any 407 number i just use the last 7 numbers!!!!!
    Maybe its your phone provider that somehow restricts your local calls, its not failed for me yet[?][?][?][/quote]We've changed telephone providers twice since this thread started in 2002 and we still have to dial 407, even though we have a 407 telephone number.
    blott