Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Orlando Resorts' Fishing Options

Florida Newbie

Orlando Resorts' Fishing Options

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have experience of fishing in the ponds/lakes at Terre Verde and Trafalgar Village?

We are planning a week in Orlando at the beginning of April and thought it would be nice to do a bit of fishing whilst there (nothing too serious).

We haven't booked yet but are thinking about a resort type community which has other facilities also. Two we are considering are Terre Verde and Trafalgar Village but we would be grateful if anyone can point use to any other resorts that have similar facilities (clubhouse, large communal pool, beach, etc. and fishing of course!).

What sort of fish do these community lakes typically hold and what type of fishing/rig/bait is recommended?

Many thanks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It depends on what they've been stocked with, if any. If fishing is your particular 'thing' then it would be best to ask the home owners whose homes you're considering. Although I could tell you what's in our lakes at Crescent Lakes, that won't help you with other locations. [msnwink]

BTW, if you're over 16 years old, note that you need a fresh water fishing licence which you can get from http://myfwc.com/license/index.html#FWF or from Wal-Mart or any fishing tackle store.
    blott

I am pretty sure Trafalger is sticked with bass, although most lakes/ponds will have bass in anyway. You always get decent catfish to (good eating). A reasonable setup from walmart is very cheap. If you cross over the road from trafalgar to the entrance of Crescent Lakes. Take a walk across the the grass immediately left. The is man made lake which backs onto natural water. The natural water is excellent fishing, I have had some whoppers out of there without much effort. The lake that Blotts house backs onto has some large bass to but its residents only there.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lorveney
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have experience of fishing in the ponds/lakes at Terre Verde and Trafalgar Village?

We are planning a week in Orlando at the beginning of April and thought it would be nice to do a bit of fishing whilst there (nothing too serious).

We haven't booked yet but are thinking about a resort type community which has other facilities also. Two we are considering are Terre Verde and Trafalgar Village but we would be grateful if anyone can point use to any other resorts that have similar facilities (clubhouse, large communal pool, beach, etc. and fishing of course!).

What sort of fish do these community lakes typically hold and what type of fishing/rig/bait is recommended?

Many thanks.
    [/quote]

Hi Everyone,
    [/quote]

I haven't fished at Terra Verde myself but other owners have and they have reported, Catfish, Bass and Grass Carp. There is a bridge that spans part of the Lake from the Clubhouse which I think people tend to fish from. Hope that helps[msnsmile]

Dawn

Florida Newbie
    Thanks very much for the replies so far which are most appreciated.

Any other help most welcome.

Does anyone know about Bella Vida resort. Does it have any fishing facilities?

Florida Newbie
    Well its going to be Terre Verde for our vacation in Orlando, hope to get a bit of fishing in there.

Can anyone tell me whether the bridge from the clubhouse is the only place fishing is allowed, or can you fish from the bank also?

Since I am taking a bit of tackle with me, what BS line would be most suitable? Also what bait has been most successful?

Many thanks again for any replies.

Phil

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just ask in the local bait shops about bait - shrimp is good all the time.

I use 20lb for surf fishing.

6lb line and I used to fish the same waters, bread, worms and fly fishing worked for me.

Well its going to be Terre Verde for our vacation in Orlando, hope to get a bit of fishing in there.

Can anyone tell me whether the bridge from the clubhouse is the only place fishing is allowed, or can you fish from the bank also?

Since I am taking a bit of tackle with me, what BS line would be most suitable? Also what bait has been most successful?

Many thanks again for any replies.

Phil
    [/quote]