Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Choice

I am afraid that I am always far too excited to worry about which airport I am flying into! Sanford is certainly an easy airport to get to and from, and although it does not have the beauty of Orlando International, I can think of worse places to be.
    Its a means to an end.[msnwink]
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I just want to be there !!!! Don't worry about which airport, any will do [msnsmile2]
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1977.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We flew FC star premium service last Feb from Gatwick to Sanford, It was a great service and to be honest compared with Virgin PE which we have flown a couple of times as well.

The best thing was the price we got last year, booked on new years day for 2 weeks in Feb (half term) and paid a little of £1,300 for the four of us. This year they are still quoting over twice that though! They are also only flying on a Thurs this year when the flights were on a saturday last year.

I would def. recommend it though as it came with all the key benefits:

Dedicated check in, priority luggage, lounge access in sanford, much bigger seats, full control entertainment (something which Virgin PE did not have) better meals etc. especially if you can get it as cheap as we did last year.[msnsmile2]

You can get some flights still on a Saturday and even a Friday - it depends on what time of the year you travel. I have just booked a flight for a Friday in April, so I know they're around, but I agree it's a shame that they don't fly on a Saturday all year round.

We have been able to book extra leg room seats in advance, which is not something all airlines let you do. They reserve the right to move you to different seats if you do not appear fit enough when you check in, but that's reasonable in the circumstances.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

I would rate their service currenrtly better than Virgin and BA. You get newer seats, better legroom now and the PE service is really good value for money.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sue and Jere
    I just want to be there !!!! Don't worry about which airport, any will do [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

I completely understand that Sue and would agree that if you're just going to the US a couple of times a year on holiday it's relatively unimportant but if you're a more frequent traveller, it really does matter.

Sanford is a charter airline terminal and in my experience has the poorest facilities of any US airport of those I have used - and that's actually quite a few!

Florida Chatterbox

First choice have just dropped their flight prices out of Gatwick in Feb. The premium service has reduced from £750 to £420 [msnsmile2]

Florida Junior
    We prefer flying into and out of Sandford, when we last flew into Sandford 8th December, we went straight through immigration, no queue at all, cases took about 15 minutes to come through, no queue at dollar. On our return we like to book to go into the Royal Palm Lounge, it's about £10 a person, but adults get 2 free alcoholic drinks and there is free tea/coffee/cold drinks and snacks. There's a play room for little children, playstations/computers for the older ones - my kids love to catch upon with there friends on the internet and it stops them being bored whilst waiting for the flight, there is also a quiet room, television usually with news on, and a movie room with a selection of movies you can choose from. We have never found it busy in this lounge and have even had the whole place to ourselves.

Colleen