Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Insurance

Florida Newbie

Insurance

When crusing we always took out insurance in the event of cancellation, etc. When renting a villa is insurance necessary? If so what am I looking to cover beside a non-refundable deposit?

Insurance for the holiday is to cover for those very , very rare eventualities just as it is for your own insurance at home.
    There may be reasons why you do not use the villa after you have made your final payment for example your own ill health or flights not available . The owner would have the villa available so it would not be their fault you did not use it but you should claim for the holiday on your insurance. Sadly , theft is also a reason to make sure you are covered. This is rare but just as at home, it is possible.
    Insurance is just that===it covers you for the unexpected, rare, happenings in life.
    I have been going to Florida for 20 years, sometimes multiple visits in a year and I had to use my insurance once. For all the times I times I paid and didn't need it , it was worth it for the peace of mind and the one occassion (ill health ) when I did need it.
    Angela

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Angela. Is there a particular company you would recommend I check with?

As I travel from the UK, I cannot recommend any from personal experience, however, I would check with your own home insurers to see what they suggest or I know some of my guests have used American Express.
    I hope that some of our American owners and friends will be along shortly with a more specific suggestion.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another one to try www.travelguard.com

There may be many reasons your plans may change, but at least if you are insured then you can recover your money and rebook later. Most of us owners have at some time come across the situation where a guest has paid and is then unable to travel (ill health or bereavement are the most usual causes), they have then had a double upset when we have to adhere to the contracted terms and not refund money or change dates, and whilst we are sympathetic to the reasons, we have to insist that if guests choose to travel without insurance then, as that is their decision, it also has to be their risk if they cannot travel for whatever reason.

Your credit card company may also offer policies that are worth looking at, a quick look through some of the policies offered by the companies also give a list of coverages some that we may not have thought to suggest might need covering.

I hope you find one that is suitable for your needs. Like any insurance we find it is always seen as an unwanted expense to add to the holiday but believe me, if you do have reason to call on it , it's worth every penny isn't it? Have a great trip.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Thanks everyone, I'll be on it come Monday morning.