Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Believe this site has been HACKED!

Florida Expert
    When using IE yesterday, I clicked on Active Topics and got a pop up box saying the site signature was verified and click to proceed. Did not like the look of it so closed it down and browsed through Mozilla instead. No problems with that. I thought it might be the snow effect and was ging to mention it taday but so far, no problems with IE. Will do a full system scan now while I have some lunch.

P.S. See the snow has now stopped.
    Pat

Florida Expert
    so if my computer alterted me to the trojan horse and I did not download, does that mean it should now be ok? It is in the virus vault and I have done a complete scan with avg.
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Florida Expert
    This also happened to me last night while I was trying to click on Active Topics. It took a few goes to get on the site.

I haven't noticed anything different happen, but I have done a full virus scan as a precaution. Nothing has shown. I do have a pop up blocker would that of helped me? I can't understand why some people had this message/virus and some people didn't, I know it's just my lack of computer knowledge but can anyone explain why it has only happened to some? Thanks.

Dawn

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I noticed the site was down in the middle of the day and did wonder what the heck was going on for this to be happening. Glad to hear it is all sorted.
    CDV

I have a pop up blocker so did not get this, but when doing a post last nigth it took me to one of the villas on one of the sites, and just now I tried to get back to active topics and it took me to my villa, so something strange is still going on?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    As far as we can tell, the problem only happens when using Internet Explorer and only if certain Microsoft security patches are not applied on that PC.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn burley
    I know it's just my lack of computer knowledge but can anyone explain why it has only happened to some? Thanks.

Dawn
    [/quote]

No - that is just the cookies on your PC getting mixed up. If you delete all cookies and re-start the computer you should be ok again.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen
    I have a pop up blocker so did not get this, but when doing a post last nigth it took me to one of the villas on one of the sites, and just now I tried to get back to active topics and it took me to my villa, so something strange is still going on?
    [/quote]

No, it was totally co-incidental that it started to happen when I added the snow. The hack was done at 8:16pm UK time and I added the snow around 9pm (ish), so the virus problem would have been noticeable for some 45 minutes before the snow was added.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Linicia
    I thought it might be the snow effect and was ging to mention it taday but so far, no problems with IE. W
    [/quote]

What snow?[msnscared]
    ellie