Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOUCH: MY BLUE CHRISTMAS!

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar

OOUCH: MY BLUE CHRISTMAS!

Where have the last 10 days gone?

Firstly I wonder if you have missed me at all! I suspect maybe some have noticed the Christmas countdown calendar has not changed but I am sure you will forgive me with my upcoming tale of woe and for those of you who couldn’t care less you don’t need to read on but you just may as curiosity killed the cat afterall.[grin]

Well I sit here typing this from “my bed” as I get ready for my 8th day in Hospital (albeit a German private hospital but a hospital all the same).

It all started the night I returned back to Germany from the UK shopping trip10 days ago and a meal in the new Giraffe restaurant at Manchester airport. Whilst on the plane I had a h*llishly bad pain in my chest and stomach/abdomen on my lefthand side and those of you that know me well enough you will know that this is not an uncommon occurrence for me but I normally (foolishly) just soldier on although this time it was a lot more painful I have to admit.

Well by the Sunday night ( 3 days later) and no sleep since I got home on the Thursday evening and in a lot of h*llish pain Mr. CDV forced me down to A&E where I was given the once over by the duty doctor and sent for some chest x-rays. Long story cut short she diagnosed indigestion…. (Hello who goes to A&E with INDIGESTION) or she said it could be a trapped nerve. Having had both on numerous occasions throughout the years I knew it was neither but she gave me an ulcer type medicine and sent me packing and I was none too happy I can tell you!

I got home still in agony and took the medicine and was chucking it back up before I knew it. I had another h*llishly restless night with no sleep and by this stage was like a zombie. So first thing Monday morning Mr. CDV took me straights back to my GP as I could hardly dress myself never mind drive. The Dr. took one look at me and told me I had to go straight back to A&E after he had examined me. He was brilliant and gave me a letter for the surgeon explaining what he thought it was.

So off we trotted back to A&E again and by this stage I was bent double in agony, whimpering with any dignity left out of the window! Booked in at A&E and then I waited while the Chief Surgeon came down to examine me. It was a long morning and, I had blood test after blood test, more x-rays, an ultra sound and ECG. Well of course I was frantic at this stage as the Chiefart (Chief Surgeon) had ruled out what my GP had suspected it was. So I was admitted there and then with all sorts of needles and wires hanging out.

Poor Mr. CDV had to go back to the house and get all my bits as I only had a small overnighter with me from the night before when I had first gone to A&E. I was trying to tell him where everything was. We were both worried but I was trying to put on a brave face and they told me to rest and they had more tests scheduled for later, so I was doped up and stabbed with goodness knows what injections and trundled off to my room and left to “rest”. Later that afternoon I was then told I was scheduled for a CT scan the next morning, so was none the wiser and spent a restless night in hospital.

The Next morning two surgeons came to see me and told me that before I had my CT scan I had to have another ultrasound so off I trundled with them. And at last after 2 days they found one of the issues, my gallbladder was so inflamed it basically had to come out as it was so inflammed there were possibly of stones and they could be blocking my insides.

Well I know this is a relatively common and straight forward surgery but at the time, having never been in hospital for an operation or under the knife with a general anesthetic I was frantic and got hold of Mr. CDV from an inspection he was leading about 30 miles away and got him back to the hospital as I was in a state as they said they wanted to operate “Now”. PANIC…………….

Surgery was the only option, I was told it was not a case of waiting till after the Florida trip due the following week, so I was devastated about that as well as my parents arriving 2 days later that week to s
    CDV

Oh Jaqueline! Poor you!
    I assume that as you are on your laptop, you are over the worst.
    As a veteran of the theatre room. Including gall stone op. ( you had keyhole, not open I assume? ) I can tell you that the recovery from this op is usually speedy.
    You have managed to retain your sense of humour I see despite the obvious trauma. Well done you.
    I wish you a continued speedy recovery and hope that your spirits will be high for the festive season whereever you are.
    Love and good wishes for better health,
    Angela

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Jacqu

I can't imagine you be stressed, everything is taken in your stride usually. I do hope that you now sit back relax and let Mr CDV take good care of you.
    CERI

sorry to hear Jacque, remember i was taken ill to the orlando regional medical centre? i got the 4 little scars and glad that nasty little thing came out with stones intact! still got them but wont open the pot

incidently after having my gallbladder removed last year I have been to the A+E with indigestion 2 weeks before having my knee replacement earlier this year, still having big problems with indigestion now, have never felt pain in the centre of my chest like this before in my life!!! not sure if it gets worse with gallbladder removed???

anyway glad to hear your on the mend, xxx take care[grouphug]
    Liesa

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    WOW Jacqueline! so sorry to read your thread [msneek]
    Hope your on the mend soon
    feet up and lots of TLC from Mr CDV
    [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Gail

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh poor you [grouphug]

I had thought it was strange that you hadn't been posting about all your Christmas shopping trips [msnwink] [msnwink]

Hope you're on the mend and feeling much better very soon [grouphug]
    Julie

Hope you make a quick recovery Jacqueline - are you going to be able to over to Florida now? Get well soon
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    Get well soon, CDV - and make the most of being looked after!

Will you be fit for Florida?

Carole

Get well soon Jacqui and hope you will soon be able to get on that plane to Florida and recuperation.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    hope you recover soon Jacqueline [grouphug] i did notice you where missing and it's good to have you back, albeit from your hospital bed [msnoo]

get well soon mrs, it's party season [msnsmile]