Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: early december

Gold 5 Star Member

early december

i know this is hard to answer but can anyone offer some information

i'm trying to figure out if early dec is one of the more expensive times of year to visit florida? we're looking at either first two weeks in december or alternatively waiting til early january

also what can i expect crowd level wise in the parks, is it crazy in the run up to christmas

we normally visit just before the uk easter break and next year we're going early may

thanks

The first 2 weeks of Dec are a great time to visit. The parks are all trimmed up and the holiday parades have started but the crowds are light.

I think the price never really alters . Theme park tickets are always the same and food prices don't alter throughout the year. Some accommadation may be less at this time of year but those costs are marginal next to the other expenditure.
    You should get cheaper air prices though.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Early December would be a lovely time of year to go Mizzie. My husband came back from Florida on 1st December and said it was very quiet and the weather was lovely.

You can do all your Christmas shopping and really set yourself up for Christmas. Some of the homes are just so beautifully lit up too, and Celebration is a lovely place to visit over Christmas when it "snows nightly!", a lovely lit up Christmas tree by the lake and a santa carriage.

You should get flights for a reasonable price too!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Marie,

It is a lovely time to visit, we have done end of November over Thanksgiving and after and in to December 3 times now and always really enjoy it.
    We did Sea World and Magic Kingdom last week and they were both quiet.
    [clap]
    The Christmas decorations are just superb...I will post lots of photos to show you examples of these.

It's usually a lower rate in most homes to rent just after Thanksgiving too [msnwink]
    So you'll have more money to spend on Christmas presents[msnsmile2]

Aytime is a great time to visit Florida, but a trip in winter just gives you a much needed boost of sun[8D]We had temps in the mid 80's this trip.
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

We're visiting our villa at the moment, arrived 1 December, and I think it is a great time (well any time is a great time, but you know what I mean!).

The place is looking really festive but crowds are very light. Pretty much walked on to the rides at MGM and have been able to get into restaurants without any waiting. The weather is good too.

As close to Christmas itself is such a popular time for visitors, we're planning to come again this time next year and I'm looking forward to it already even though we haven't left this year yet!

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Florida Junior
    The first two weeks in December is the WORST time to go. It should be avoided at all cost.
    Don't even think of booking a flight. You have been warned.

Only joking, but for those of us who have been in early December we should keep quiet about it, we shouldn't be encouraging people to travel at this time of year, we want to keep it all to ourselves.

Colleen

its a hard one as we have been there twice from the 1st dec for 2 weeks, the sales are fab, the weather is lovely, and we never queued for any rides more then a handful in front of us, and its strange because all the christmas trees and decs are up yet its so lovely and warm, i personally want to try christmas one year but my dad would be all alone
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would think early January is still a bit busy with the holidays extending into the beginning of the month. If you are fortunate enough to take time off at the beginning of December, then go for it. It's probably one of the more inexpensive and quieter times you'll find!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Would your dad not come with you Liesa?

January to March are considered peak season with regards to prices on the golf courses. The wether seems more reliable in early December than in January and the flights are wide open. But as Colleen says, don't tell anyone [msnwink]
    Shirley