Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny Florida Story

Florida Junior

Funny Florida Story

I'm Sure there are lots of families out there with funny florida stories - this is what happen to my family on our first visit to Orlando in 1998.

We were staying in a hotel on Internation Drive and decided to use the I-Trolley to visit all the shops on I-Drive. Myself, husband and 3 kids were sat on the highly polished wooden seats at the back of the I-Trolley, when another family boarded with their 2 small children and a helium balloon, we were travelling down I-Drive when the balloon went BANG, the lady driver did an emergency stop, we all slid off our seats onto the floor, we were picking ourselves up when the driver gets out of her seat and stands at the front shouting "Oh my god what was that", the other family are trying to explain the balloon has popped (and wishing the ground would open up and swallow them). The Driver then spends the next 10 minutes saying over and over again "Oh my God, it was a balloon, I thought someone had been shot".

Don't worry, this incident didn't put us off Florida, we have been back several times.

Has anybody else got a fun florida story to tell!

Colleen

Florida Expert
    I bet all balloons are banned from her bus after that
    Dorothy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Helium balloons are notorious for popping in heat! That's why I won't take them in my car.

The first time we went to the Animal Kingdom, we visited the petting zoo. There are signs posted everywhere not to feed the animals. My husband has a habit of putting papers in his back pocket. At some point he felt a tugging on his pocket, and thought our six year old daughter was pulling the park map out. Turns out it was a goat, who promptly started eating the map! To make matters worse, the park ranger started yelling at my husband for feeding the animals!
    Teresa

Florida Junior
    Here's another one

My husband bought some sunglasses and the sales assistant asked him his names for the guarantee, my husband told her his names was Duncan, later when we looked at the guarantee she had written Dunkin (as in do-nuts), well me and the kids thought it was hilarious

[msncool]

Colleen

i was crying at the balloon one!!! oh how funny!!![laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]tears streaming!
    Liesa

Before we had our own home, we rented a villa -went out to the parks leaving Heium balloons tied to headboards in the childrens rooms -when we got back, the Management company were there, in the lounge- bloke was sucking on his inhaler, and looked white as a sheet- the balloons had set the silent [where they notify the police] alarm off, and he was round the back of the home cutting the grass -when he came round the front, he had police with guns telling him to walk slowly forward with his hands on his head -they hadn't let him explain until he was in the police car - reckon it shaved 10 years off his life!
    So for all folk renting homes, leave the helium balloons in a downstairs powder room or garage to stop them setting off the alarm

Florida Junior
    A few years ago we went into Walmart looking for a map of the Orlando area. My husband ask the assistant if she could help him find a map. "Follow me" she said and lead him to the back of the store. Somewhat perplexed he followed her up the aisle to find a large display of buckets and mops. She was so helpful he did not have the heart to tell her she'd got it wrong so he thanked her and looked at the mops until she went away.
    Since then he has tried to tone down his accent as we still kid him on about this.[msnwink]
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3206.aspx#

brilliant way to start a monday!![laugh][laugh]
    Liesa

About 10 years ago we went to a buffet restaurant in Universal Studio's (sorry can't remember what it was called, it's gone now) and were shown to our table by our server. She explained how the buffet worked and went to get our drinks.

We went to get our food but when we got back to the table there were only 3 place settings although there were 4 of us. Our server brought the drinks and asked if there was anything else she could get for us. I asked for some cutlery, she smiled, said OK, nodded her head and left. A few minutes later she came back without the cutlery and asked again if there was anything else she could get for us, again I said yes could she get me some cutlery, she smiled, said OK, nodded and disappeared again.

She then re appeared with her supervisor who asked "is there anything else we can get for you" I repeated myself yet again at which point they both just stood there looking very confused, I then said, "cutlery, knife, fork, spoon?" At this point they both started laughing and said together, "she means silverware!" they walked off shaking their heads and laughing but this time they did bring back the "silverware"!

And they say we speak the same language.[msnwink]
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    on our first visit we stayed at vista del lago we went to reception after going through the security gates.The man at recpeption took our details and gave us directions to the villa.After unpacking we decided to get a pizza at dominos.When we got the pizza we headed back to the villa but this time there was no security gaurd the the gate but we forgot the pass to get back in so we buzzed the gaurd at reception.He said hello can i help you?Me being a scotsman i said hello it's the two scottish men that spoke to you earlier on we forgoten our passes to get in.He replies its WHAT?I replied the same again.He then replies its TEN SCOTSMAN COMING UP THE ROAD[msnoo]!!!?? can you imagine what he must of been thinking at the time???[msnsmile2]lol

Another time we were at epcot fountain when we were sitting looking at the map and i started to take some pics when an american lady came up to me and said.Would you like me to take a family photo? my youngest son at the time was only 17months at the time and was abit unsetled at the time.I replied my son is unsetled its ok.she replied lol and her face was[msnoo]shocked big time ( [msnoo] HE'S ON SALE [msnoo] ) i had tears with laughter streaming out of ma face it was so funny. lol

I've been told so many times about my accent being so strong by the americans.This visit i was in walmart and the lady at the checkout said to me evening sir how has your day been? i replied ye its been good really busy but loads of fun.She stared at me [msneek] and asked my wife what i jus said.Fiona told her and said my sir its hard to understand you your accent is so strong i said why is it SEXY??? she said i understood that word .lol with a smile on her face[msnsmile2][msnwink]

i jus love florida when i'm there i have so much fun with them
    paul and fiona