Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 10 day stay??

Florida Newbie

10 day stay??

This is probably going to be the first of many questions...

We are planning on coming to Orlando in mid March (probably flying back on 21 March), and we want to come for around 10 days. Do villas have 10 day lets, or is it uncommon?? Is there a common changeover day?? Just would like to narrow down dates before we put in a villa request.

There seems to be so many different areas and villas that I don't really know where to start. Are there any areas that are preferred, we have 1 year old twins so near to a big supermarket would be great. Any suggestions re areas would be really helpful in narrowing it down. [msnsmile2]

Thanks in advance

Rachel

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum.

You will find most villa owners don't have a set change over day and stays for less than two weeks are not uncommon.

Most of the villas advertised on Orlando Villas and it's sister sites are only a short drive away from supermarkets and all the attractions Florida has to offer.

Have a great time planning your trip.[msnsmile2]
    Paula

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum,

You will find most villa owners are flexible with arrival dates/durations as airlines fly most days of the week. I would suggest you put your enquiry in as soon as possible as March is quite a busy time, especially being so close to Easter and Spring Break in the US.

The best way to start is to make a wish list of what is important to your family - no of beds, outlook, amenities etc etc have a look at the community map here http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx .Most communities will have a big supermarket nearby.

Have fun with the search[msnsmile]
    Dawn Murray

Hi Rachel

Most villa owners are flexible with dates and are happy to have guests for 10 days. The only possible problem for you is that this restricts the airlines that you can use as most of the charters only offer 14 days or occasionally 7 or 21. However, a lot of people prefer to use scheduled airlines.

All villa owners will think that their area is the best and of course there are positives about all the communities and locations. You will need to use the car for your supermarket trip from most places but it would probably be helpful to have one within 5 minutes. You might also look for villas near to smaller stores for odds and ends if you think this will be helpful.

You might like to sit down and make a list of the things that are really important to you and then put these into your enquiry when you make it. Don't hesitate to contact the owners of villas that look interesting to you and then ask more detailed questions. We all like to help people making their first villa holiday in Florida.

If you put an enquiry on one or more of the sites here then I'm sure you will find a great place to stay. I bet you'll want to stay for more than 10 days next time you come.

Lynne
    Lynne

I am sure yo will enjoy all areas of FLORIDA as were ever you go it is child friendly .
    So as said before book early and all villa owners are very flexable for booking any days ,
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hi Rachel
    I am sure you will find what you want.
    Most owners are flexible on check in dates so just submit your enquiry! Check on the maps for each villa where they are then you can choose your location accordingly.
    Good luck!
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for your replies, I just need to narrow down the villas - its taking a while!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rgribben
    Thanks for your replies, I just need to narrow down the villas - its taking a while!
    [/quote]It's difficult as they're all so beautiful but that's where you get to have the most exciting time in choosing the one that's just right for you! [msnwink]
    blott

Florida Junior
    The most important thing is, once you've made your decision and paid your deposit, don't be tempted to look at any more - there's always just one more that might be even better if you just click on that link....then that link...you've got to stop at some point!!
    Jane