Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snow globes

Florida Chatterbox

snow globes

my DD wants to bring back a couple of nice snow globes from Florida. Would i be able to put these in with hand luggage cos they are fragile or would they not be allowed?
    tracey

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Tracey, I personally don't think they would be allowed but you would be able to wrap them up well to survive the journey in the hold. We put some Lladro in our hold luggage very well packed and it arrived in Floirda in perfect condition.
    CDV

we wanted to buy a few of these but theyre so heavy so opted for buying the tiny ones, 3 for $10 in walgreens i think theyre so nice wouldve made lovely ornaments in the grandaughters bedrooms with all the lovely princess's and snowwhite etc
    wonder if you can buy some with no fluid in them but add at home??
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    Hi Tracey

My daughter collects the big Disney Snowglobes and we have always been allowed to take them as carry-on.

Sue

Florida Chatterbox
    the snow globes in florida are so nice and cheap compared to over in UK. I am not sure what to do now.
    tracey

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Tracey, it really will be fine in your case if packed well.
    CDV

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan
    Hi Tracey

My daughter collects the big Disney Snowglobes and we have always been allowed to take them as carry-on.

Sue
    [/quote]

Sue, have you done this since the new regulations regarding liquids were put into place?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Disney will post them home for you if they are the big ones....up until last year Jet blue for local flights in the US would take mine and put them in the flight deck storage....how times change....

Florida Chatterbox
    I've bought various snow globes over the years from the large ones snow white etc and small ones. Each one comes in a box with a polystyrene mould around it.

They have all survived the journey home. I don't use cases and pack them in the middle of holdalls surrounded by clothes etc.

The boxes are large perhaps if you voice your concerns to the server they might show you the box before you make a decision of whether to buy.

I would only put them in a hard case and well wrapped.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham