Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Places to eat on Sanibel/Captiva

Florida Chatterbox

Places to eat on Sanibel/Captiva

I know they don't have the usual chains but anyone recommend places to eat that don't break the bank? I know I can get a restaurant guide but just wondered if there was somewhere special.

Lisi

Gold 5 Star Member
    You'll save money by going at lunchtime and the menus are pretty much the same. If you want recommendations I'd say Gramma Dot's by the Marina, Traders on Periwinkle and Doc Ford's on Rabbit Road (good value there). At this time of year a lot of them are closed so check first. Special but pricey - Mad Hatter on SanCap Road just before the bridge over to Captiva. The Bubble room on Captiva gets good reviews but I hate the place.

Not special and I know it's attached to a supermarket, but I always have at least a couple of meals every visit at Jerry's. The Liver & Onions with mashed potato is real home cooking.

If you do just 1, try Traders (if it's open). Not silly prices and great food in a nice setting. Not much choice if you don't like fish though!

Florida Chatterbox
    Bubble Room at Captiva is always packed - I am also not it's biggest fan but the food is nice and the desserts are HUGE! The best meal I have had on Captiva is at the 'Mucky Duck' which is the pub/restaurant right on the beach at the end of the main street in Captiva and they do a lot of seafood (have to admit I went for the English fish and chips though!!) and we have also eaten at the restaurant at 'Tween Waters Inn which was also really nice.

Further afield the other place we regularly go is the boat trip out of Captiva at Jensen's marina to Cabbage Key. That is a very basic meal at lunchtime but the trip is great - very informative and you are often accompanied by dolphins at some point.

Tracey

I thought The Mucky Duck was a good reasonably priced restaurant. I'm pretty sure you can check it out online.
    Tonish

Florida Expert
    We went to a good restaurant in Sanabel, it was a pizza (italian) place, called Starz (we think) it only cost us $30 for 3 of us, including starter, main meal and drinks.

16681 Mcgregor Blvd, Fort Myers, FL

Florida Junior
    http://www.prawnbroker.com/matzaluna/menu
    Try this place. Fantastic!! and cheap.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks so much for that guys - my mouth is watering already and I can't wait to get there.

Lisi [msnsmile2]