Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POPYE & BLUTOS BILGE RAT BARGES

Florida Newbie

POPYE & BLUTOS BILGE RAT BARGES

Hi

The last time we were in Florida this ride was closed for Halloween, does anyone know if this will be the case this year.

Thanks

Michelle

Florida Junior
    I can't guarantee that the ride will be open over Halloween this year, but i have just checked on the IOA website and they claim "There are currently no scheduled ride or show closures at Islands of Adventure, but Universal Studios Fear Factor Live is currently closed and will re-open after Halloween.

I would recommend keeping any eye on their website for up to date information, the info is under theme park hours. [msnsmile]
    Becky

Florida Chatterbox
    oooh take some spare pants!!!!!!! I can't believe how wet I got on that ride. It was past funny wet - disgusting wet describes it better!!!!
    L

We went on it 2 weeks ago and could not stop laughing! We were all drenched to the bone. It is one of my fav ever water rides. At least we all dried off.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Newbie
    best water ride ever, still laugh about it today, none of the other water rides compare to this one.

July 09 cant wait

We love this ride, but we always make it the last ride before leaving the Park
    We know without a shadow of a doubt we will be soaked.
    Barbara

I made the mistake of enjoying this ride in jeans and trainers. I won't do that again!! It was a fantastic ride but we spent quite a while in the ladies wringing out ALL of our clothing and footwear.[msnsmile2]
    Carla

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes a big favourite and we got absolutely soaked back in August

Just wondering now on best time to ride either early or late

We rode in the morning last time and dried out fairly quick, maybe as we are staying at RPR this year for a night we should ride last thing and then we can go and get changed

This is one of my favourites. Still laugh about my brother and his wife. They are both very unadventerous and rarely ever do any rides at all. The first year they went this was one of the rides they decided to do much to my surprise. I tried to tell my sister in law that she would get wet but my brother insisted on saying to her quite loudly and confidently that she would only get a little splash. He referred to it as being like Thunder River at Thorpe Park. I tried to advise otherwise but by husband told me to leave it, he said my brother knew best. I played along and you know the rest without me telling you. They got absolutely soaked. My sister in law had only one dry patch on her skirt, the size of a half crown, when she got off the ride. I was laughing so much I was crying, they managed to catch every wave and emptying pots of water. Funny thing! she never rode this ride again. Yes, I did catch the memory on camera.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    Its funny if you go into the toilets nearby with loads of people queuing up to try and get dry using the hand dryer.
    Andy