Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POPYE & BLUTOS BILGE RAT BARGES

Florida Chatterbox
    When we first did this ride could not work out why everyone had ponchios? We soon found out. There was a very smug looking lady sitting opposite us who managed to stay relatively dry for most of the ride. We got to the last pouring pot and it looked like the water was coming straight for us, suddenly we changed direction and she got the full force. She did not look too impressed[msnwink]

Sandra

Never understand the ponchos, myself. The fun is getting wet and trying to dodge the water.
    Jan

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by S&VEdwards
    When we first did this ride could not work out why everyone had ponchios? [/quote]

Can't understand that either. Why try to stay dry on a "wet" ride ?

Definitely favourite water ride. Remember first time we did this ride, had to buy new t-shirts for the boys, they were so wet !

Best time of day ? I'd say early, then you have time to dry off in the Florida sun [8D]

Florida Junior
    Great water ride, get absolutely soaked but great fun with it. Ponchos ? Come on ! The whole point is to get soaked, soak your neighbour if possible, enjoy it and enjoy dryiong out in the Florida sun, then go again.

i sat this one out and ate at the nearby chippie place when my lot came out they were drenched!! they loved it, must admit i did the congo river rapids tho and stayed on twice in a row!! its great fun and refreshing in that heat!

Jan have we seen any pics of this?
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tone Arranger
    Great water ride, get absolutely soaked but great fun with it. Ponchos ? Come on ! The whole point is to get soaked, soak your neighbour if possible, enjoy it and enjoy dryiong out in the Florida sun, then go again.
    [/quote]

I always laugh when I see people who wear the ponchos. The whole point of the ride is to get soaked and then dry off. I remember this lady next to me who had one on get drenched as the water went up under the poncho. classic gold moment!
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love this ride..can't get anyone to go on with me...wear clothes that dry quick...and remember to remove your shoes...and have fun...

I agree guys you expect to get wet, but there is wet and there is WET!!! WET!!!
    The last time we was on this ride there wasn't a cat in HE**S chance of us drying off in the sunshine.
    We was soaked to the skin,in fact my red canvas shoes dyed my feet red and Bruce's denim blue shorts were so wet the dye run down his legs.To say the least we was in a mess [grin][grin]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    We take a spare pair of clothes with us. There are some lockers just next to the ride and when we have done both water rides we get changed. We always get soaked. My kids did this ride 5 times after one another last November and they were soaked when they came off.
    You can get away with walking around wet in the summer months but in the winter months it can take an hour or two for you to dry off.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We take old clothes for the wet rides and an old towel and then trow them...