Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain train

Florida Chatterbox
    When our daughter came over last month she had one with her, she said it passed the time on the plane she brought it for the flight I had a go and I must admit you can get hooked.(she is 27)

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
    But you can't carry it about with you then ??

[/quote]

They are about the size of a ladies wallet [msnwink]

[/quote]

Which is this one ? the nintendo lite ? or the ordinary one ?
    Jean

Florida Expert
    Hi Jean,

I'm not sure if there are any spelling questions in there, but remember if you buy it here then you will have to spell like a yank.

ie. color, labor, center, etc.

That would be the only down side to getting the US version, if they have spelling !!

http://www.brainage.com/launch/index.jsp
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    they only really sell the lite versions now Jean, you can still get the original ds in trade in shops like "game" it's just a bit chunkier than the "lite"

there's no spelling on mine, it'a all numberwork, problem solving and reading

Florida Expert
    Another great thing about these is the ability to link to other DS users wirelessly.
    Before I left the UK we often used to have 5 of us in a room, all linked together and racing on Mario Kart. The kids love it and it is a good laugh for adults as well.
    Just to get back on topic the Brain Training is also available on the Nintendo Wii - the format is a little different as you obviously dont sit there shouting at the TV (well - not because the game needs you to anyway) but the result is just as good
    Kenny

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    Hi Jean,

I'm not sure if there are any spelling questions in there, but remember if you buy it here then you will have to spell like a yank.

ie. color, labor, center, etc.

That would be the only down side to getting the US version, if they have spelling !!

http://www.brainage.com/launch/index.jsp

[/quote]

We have the UK and US game and the only difference was the coinage the US use cents etc and the UK game uses ££££'s[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    Our son has them for his DS lite and they have now brought the brain training out for the Wii.

Just seen on 1st Oct advert for Lidel that they are doing a hand held electronic sudoku for £2.99

Florida Expert
    i've been looking at these recently

being left handed is it possible to enter all the details on the left hand screen

only seen the tv-ad, which don't show this, so you're saying you also give it voice commands re colours?

do all the puzzles come in left and right screen format rather than top and bottom if you see what i mean
    tezz 7628

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628

being left handed is it possible to enter all the details on the left hand screen

only seen the tv-ad, which don't show this, so you're saying you also give it voice commands re colours?

do all the puzzles come in left and right screen format rather than top and bottom if you see what i mean
    [/quote]

According to Louis aged 10[msnwink] when you start a brain age test it asks you if you are right or left handed and you click accordingly[msnsmile2]

Yes, the names of colours are displayed in the wrong colour (if you know what I mean? ie: <span style="color:red">YELLOW</span id="red"> and you have to say what colour the word is ie: RED[msnsmile]or what word is spelt! I cant remember which way round it is now, guess I better dig the game out and practise a little more as my brain age must be well over 100 after reading this back.[msneek] Does that make sense? I think you can skip this part of the daily training as it asks are you able to talk before it starts the section.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628

[/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx