Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain train

Gold 5 Star Member

Brain train

Has anyone got one of these things? , they advertise them on TV. I wondered if you have to have a playstation to use it or if it is actualy a hand held thing ? I love things like sudoku, crosswords etc and wondered if they were worth buying ? Also would the ones you buy in the US be different to the ones here?
    Jean

Jean, you use it with a Nintendo. I bought my husband one last year and he did use it quite a bit, but just does not have time presently. If you have the time the sudoku and other things are very good [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have the one for use with the DS. I really enjoy the sudoku. My original brain age was in it's 80's. Now aged 39[msnembarrased] and I'm only 38[msnwink]
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think if I am correct there is a Lite version , which is presumable a hand held one ?? I already have a really good version of sudoku on the PC anyway but it looked really good, I thought it might be an excellent way of passing time on the flight over to Orlando as I very rarely watch the TV.
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    ds lite is the same as a nintendo ds just a new slimmer design, they are both handheld like a small notebook

Paula, i slightly beat you i started with a brain age of 79 and now i'm at 34 not bad for a 38 yr old[msnwink]

it has sudoku Jean[msnsmile]

the only annoying thing is it doesn't alway recognise what you're saying so the colour and letter puzzle where it shows red, blue, yellow etc i'm always having to repeat myself with the word blue, think it's the northern accent[msnembarrased]

They are great my 3 yougest children 5, 10 and 18 y/o's all have them and they are great for all ages, plus aduts[msnsmile2]

They are also very good for children preparing for 11+ entrance exams too[msnwink]

they are not region specific so you can buy it in the US and its fine with UK games[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    But you can't carry it about with you then ??
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie

[/quote]

You can carry them about with you Jean.[msnsmile2]
    Paula

[/quote]

They are about the size of a ladies wallet [msnwink]

Good idea to pass the time on the flight Jean but I would stear clear of doing the colour puzzles. As Mizzy says you do tend to have to keep repeating the colours and you might get some funny looks[msnwink]

Karen

I think if I am correct there is a Lite version , which is presumable a hand held one ?? I already have a really good version of sudoku on the PC anyway but it looked really good, I thought it might be an excellent way of passing time on the flight over to Orlando as I very rarely watch the TV.
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx