Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Posner Park

Posner Park

Hi folks,

any info on Posner Park as I can't find much searching on my own.

Is it just a mall?

Ta
    Richie

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Not as such Richie, it's still in the early stages but it is going to be a whole development as such with many shops including the big names, restaurants, cinema, homes etc etc.
    CDV

This going to be a massive development:-

Posner Park, rising from the rubble of failed predecessors Circus World and Boardwalk and Baseball at I-4 and U.S. Highway 27, has the potential to impact the area with a projected build-out that eventually will make it home to 4,500 people. The area is booming with residential development, but shopping, restaurants and other businesses have lagged.

Posner Park's pedestrian-friendly "Garden City" design will incorporate big-box retail as well as boutique shops with [edited out - this is a family forums]iniums and apartments above, along wide, landscaped boulevards. There also will be a 25-acre business park, 2,600 hotel rooms and an open-space preserve.

Fifty acres for the big-box retail stores are under contract with Atlanta developer BVT Land Development, which also owns the ChampionsGate shopping center in Osceola County.

Those properties will be the first to get under way and the market will dictate the development's progression, said Richard De Lotto, senior vice president of Kitson & Partners, which is handling site development.
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Savvy
    I did see the proposed plans a couple of years ago, and it looked gorgeous!! Mediterranean Plazas, fountains etc. etc.
    Do a Google search, there is lots of info to be found here!
    Parrothead

Florida Chatterbox
    Target has put up their sign it says to be open Spring 2008, Staples also have their signs, as I was driving past on the I4 by junction 55 also saw a largw billboard that list what shop etc will be there.

Cheers everyone, knew you'd know!!!!

Liked the edit Jolliffee .

xxxx
    Richie

Florida Savvy
    Just wondering if they will build houses on it yet as they cant sell the ones that are built, and with the state of mortgage lenders out there i think they will try the buisiness development side first. Biggest delay for Posner Park is water, not enough water pressure in Polk County and they are having to pump supply from out of Florida to keep up with residential requirment and this was also the reason for many residential estates not being compleated in the property boom...

Malcolm

Florida Expert
    This is a really exciting thread. We pass the site each time we visit,our friend that live in Orlando are saying it may well be open when we visit next in April, fingers crossed.

That would be great we are out next April too[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I was up there day before yesterday and initial construction is well under way, it has been since late spring but I see a difference from May this year. Some of the boards are in of what's coming. Staples is the most recent one to go up.

Just over 5 months til April, I wouldn't like to say if it would be ready then, it's a big project but ya never know!

CDV