Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: present shopping on holiday

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • a chore and frustrating

17 13.28%
  • a pleasure and you love it

38 29.69%
  • not something you do

39 30.47%
  • something you feel obliged to do

27 21.09%
  • other

7 5.47%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: present shopping on holiday

we love pressie shopping, Lauren for her school friends, and crikey theres enough of them, only pens, big lolloipops, we get the little uns toys as theyre so cheap over there, and perfumes/smellies for the big uns and with 6 children and 6 grandchildren and another 2 on the way next spring so we do have some fun
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Never thought i'd say it but I am shopped out this trip. 4 shopping trips with the car full to bursting each trip has just about finished me off. I had to phone the fraud folks at Bank of America to let them know it was me spending and not someone who had stolen my cards and gone on a spree[:I]
    [/quote]

i do this before i leave home i'm normally so frugal i worry that they'll think all this sudden spending is extremely unusual and stop my card[msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member
    When my sister goes to Florida she normally brings us back a Disney Christmas Tree decoration.[xmas2]
    Paula

Florida Expert
    Every year before I go to Florida I say "I'm not buying presents" and every year I spend far to much. Then come home and say next year I'm not buying presents. I normally buy them early on in the holiday so my last few days are not spent running round. Love shopping in my first week.
    Nikki D

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
    Every year before I go to Florida I say "I'm not buying presents" and every year I spend far to much. Then come home and say next year I'm not buying presents. I normally buy them early on in the holiday so my last few days are not spent running round. Love shopping in my first week.[/quote]

i think that's where i went wrong Nikki, i told myself that i had plenty of time to buy presents and because i didn't really know what to buy it ended up with me leaving it too late, running about on the last night had me super stressed

it's a great idea about the christmas tree decoration that you buy Paula, i may steal that one and that would be my pressie shopping organised [msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    I love shopping for pressies! We don't buy for many people - v small family - but I do love spotting things that I know people will love.
    L

Like Glenda I have a list from family and friends of things they want me to bring back for them. I often pressie shop but not for a return from holiday gift . I get occassions presents while I am there because there is so much choice and the price is usually right. This is fun because I don't feel under pressure I just buy the gift if I see something I like which fits an up coming occassion. It is often Christmas gifts.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy

it's a great idea about the christmas tree decoration that you buy Paula, i may steal that one and that would be my pressie shopping organised [msnwink]
    [/quote]

I haven't yet done this Marie it's Nicola who brings me and my other sister the Christmas tree decs. I think it is something we will all do in the future though.
    Paula

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    When my sister goes to Florida she normally brings us back a Disney Christmas Tree decoration.[xmas2]
    [/quote]We have been visiting Florida since 1990 and we buy a Disney Christmas decoration every year, sometimes even 3 or 4 a visit. Our tree is now so full of Disney decorations we don't really have room for anymore but I still cannot resist. Perhaps we will have to buy a bigger tree this year!
    Glenda and Geoff

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
    Every year before I go to Florida I say "I'm not buying presents" and every year I spend far to much. Then come home and say next year I'm not buying presents. I normally buy them early on in the holiday so my last few days are not spent running round. Love shopping in my first week.
    [/quote]

same here Nikki!!!
    Liesa