Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: present shopping on holiday

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • a chore and frustrating

17 13.28%
  • a pleasure and you love it

38 29.69%
  • not something you do

39 30.47%
  • something you feel obliged to do

27 21.09%
  • other

7 5.47%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: present shopping on holiday

Gold 5 Star Member
    I LOVE shopping - but don't do presents!!! I keep it all to myself [msnwink]
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am doing less and less shopping these days, apart from the villa. Though my daughter is making up for it these days

Florida Expert
    I love it - especially buying presents for my 4 year old niece.
    Chris

I like present shopping, but with souveneirs for people -well Ihave been coming here for 23 years - and its hard to buy -and we have a list we HAVE to bring back for :-
    My Mum and Dad - no problem, I can always find something, and they look after our Chinchillas for us, so I like to encourage my Son to look for something as a thank you.
    OUr Foreman and wife and 6 staff -MAJOR headache
    A couple of close friends who often come with us, and their 2 grandsons -ugh -I want to get some thing nice, but they have seen it all.
    I am lucky, that the last of my list was a cousins [who we are close to] two young sons -age 5 and 8. They went to Disney for the first time this year -and for YEARS I have made special trips to Downtown Disney or somewhere, to bring back the latest toys requested, or baseball tops or whatever - so they fetched my son his present -a GOB STOPPER -a mickey one with Mickey ears on it $2.95. Thats two bags of sweets on the next trip -has helped me greatly

However, this year, I went to the Disney shop in the UK before my Hols, and managed to pick up a couple of knick knacks for the staff- Disney Mugs and things, to save me hauling them back. ONe year we asked Forman what he wanted -took us two and a half weeks to locate this certain baseball top or whatever it was - never again

I like to just come across something and think -oh so and so would love that, I'll get it for them -not every damn trip

It is so time consuming!! However having said that, given time -in general, I love to get presents for people and spend far too much time looking for them.

Florida Newbie
    I love wandering round the shops on a day off from the parks, although my girlfriend does visit far to many shoe shops

I will be doing the majority of my christmas shopping when I go out soon.

Not something I do,though the kids occasionally get something for their friends......now if you were talking about Christmas shopping, then that would be a different story [msnwink]
    Shirley

We don't buy presents as such, but before we leave home we are usually presented with a list of shopping (trainers, make-up or just anything that is cheaper in Florida) for our daughters if they are not coming with us![msneek]
    Glenda and Geoff

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Last time I had to buy Freya a princess dress and all the shop assistants were joking that it was really for me [msnembarrased].
    [/quote]

Was that before or after you asked if you could try it on, John? [msnwink]
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Never thought i'd say it but I am shopped out this trip. 4 shopping trips with the car full to bursting each trip has just about finished me off. I had to phone the fraud folks at Bank of America to let them know it was me spending and not someone who had stolen my cards and gone on a spree[:I]
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't like shopping unless it stuff for under $10 shopping...me and my friends do lunch and bargining shopping once a week...
    I buy gift everytime I go for my Grandson and the daughter of one of my husbands friends..I could not go now without buying both a little something...