Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liesa's holiday

Liesa's holiday

Hi all, its not so exciting so please dont expect much

to start with theres me,Liesa, hubby Steve, one of our boys Russ hes 24, and Lauren youngest daughter aged 12

we sailed through departures, well apart from me setting alarms off, and having a full search (not to full)
    turns out it was my new knee, anyway they were brilliant to us as was everyone else who helpes us through boarding etc, we kind of skip the queue and straight on through, brilliant

boarded the plane, and went to sit in the bulkhead seat alloted to us 21 E and D and well i had tears i was so embarressed the seat was tiny, even a lady smaller then me was so uncomfortable in that seat she asked to be moved as did another man who had a little boy he was mad that the seats were so tiny, i was lucky that the seat next to me was vacant for the flight so the air hostess allowed me to leave the arm up for the flight, so it wasnt to bad, but what would i have done if there was someone sitting next to me on that flight?, we had games in the control box on the arm of the seat, never had them before, Steve and Russ watched the movies and Russ snored his head off!
    what a mess at orlando!! the luggage belt kept stopping as it was jamming and it took forever to sort out, our flight landed on time at 5 past 3 in the afternoon and we didnt leave the airport till 5pm, then got the shuttle bus to hertz, wont ever do this again, i took hertz as it was with exp.... seemed cheap at the time, but we got a van that was sooooooooo basic a uplander of some sorts, not impressed with space inside, have usually got a dodge caravan and lose the 2 rear seats into the floor allowing loads of luggage space, this was chockablock inside and we only had 6 cases!

anyway found our way to the villa eventually, this car didnt have a compass or thermometer so we could tell what direction we were going in or how hot it was
    once at Terra Verde it all came back to us, its been 2 years since our last holiday and we loved it here so much last time, its Pauls house (50smtg) its lovely, all bright and cheery, oh and the pool was sooooooooooo lovely we went in there before we went to walmart etc heavenly,
    after a bit we dressed and headed to walmart to buy much needed stuff, didnt even bring tooth brushes etc, we bought loads of stuff had macdonalds that night and i hate them, but time travel was catching up on us, headed back to the villa we watched Tv and low and behold there was severe weather warnings a tornedo expected to touch ground before 11.15, luckily it missed here and struck a place called eustice damaged some houses and trees.......this is all day 1,

day 2,
    did some serious sunbathing very hot here, fell asleep outside but we dont get burnt here, thank goodness, we had ponderosa at lunch time and as per usual Russ and Lauren are so difficult to feed! grrr, but went to golden coral in the evening and they did find lots of things they liked and ate, especially cheese and tomato pizzas!!
    did some more shopping, only walmart, have to get ourselves sorted for some real shopping!! and more swimming in the pool, went for a drive in the evening, of course we got totally lost, we drove every which way but the way we needed! my eyes were getting so heavy, Lauren ahd nodded off but i had to stay awake for Steves sake, didnt help that it kept raining,

sunday morning, could barely walk, i look like a robot!! had some tablets and food and now happily typing away on here, we are trying to decide what to do, i think Lauren and Steve will go fishing shortly, i will lay outside with my book and just chill some more!!!

sorry its not so exciting but hey thats me!

back in a few days or so, bye for now xxx
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    Not boring at all Liesa. I for one enjoyed reading it. Hope your knee feels better tomorrow. Looking forward to part 2.[beer]

Hi, so glad you arrived in one piece and enjoying that Florida Sunshine. Look forward to reading some more. It's cold and raining here!

[msnsad][msncool][msnsad]

Diane.

Florida Expert
    Liesa

Glad you made it without tooo much hassle.

Florida is not just rushing around like mad.....it can be a de-stress unwind session in lovely surroundings and a warm sunny climate. Just what you need after a hectic year with all your "happenings".

Look forward to the next report[msnsmile]
    Linda

Glad you arrived saftly and are more relaxed and you got to the villa OK surprising what a good sleep can do and you are in the best place .
    It is dark here and dismal so you will get lots of sun [sporty]
    We came back on friday and missing it already cannot wait to go back [msnsmile2]
    Have a lovely vacation .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Glad all went ok liesa,shame about the seat on the plane though,as for getting lost,that brings back a lot of memories,thats why we hired a sat nav last time,mind you still got lost a couple of times.Take it easy and relax and enjoy,dont forget the photos[msncool]
    kitty

Florida Expert
    I enjoyed your first post Liesa. Hope the weather is ok now and your sipping a nice cool drink [party1] by the pool.Keep the reports coming that was not boring at all. Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    Nikki D

Sounds like you are just chillin' Liesa, and isn't that just what holidays are all about?

Enjoy![8D]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks for the report Leisa, not boring at all. Keep them coming.
    Hope your knee feels better!!!
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1977.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hi am glad you arrived ok, don't be doing too much all at once[msnsmile2]