Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can we fit it all in?

Florida Newbie

can we fit it all in?

Hello Guys, this question has probably been asked a hundred times so I do apologise now. We are coming to Orlando next year and are planning what parks to visit, the following is a list of what we all want to take in, the question is too much and too tiring?
    Walt Disney World
    Epcot
    Animal Kingdom
    Universal Studios
    IOA
    Aquatica
    Busch Gardens
    Sea World
    Discovery Cove

We only have the 2 weeks and if this is going to be too much which ones could we afford to drop.
    There are 4 adults and one boy of 14 and two little ladies of 5
    thanks
    Graham

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Hi Graham,

If it was me, I would ditch EPCOT & AK or at the very east have them further down the list and see how you feel.

WDW you have to do with little ones
    IOA is suited to adults and your teens
    US yes its just got to be done
    Auatica as its new
    Seaworld yes
    BG maybe if you have time
    DC if it is what you all want to do

Dont forget you have shopping to fit in as well!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Graham, That is a pretty aggressive schedule! It certainly can be done, but I think you will find yourself wanting more time to relax around the pool soaking up Florida sunshine. The kids will for sure! I would take your list and prioritize it (maybe you already have) and accomplish what you can leaving the rest for the next trip as you will definitely be wanting to go back!

Florida Newbie
    thanks for the response guys, the list is no order of preference and I was thinking that Epcot would be one to drop and then either AK or BG?
    I also forgot yes we have to leave as much time as possible for shopping, the wife would never forgive me!

Yes Andrew sounds good, your thinking is pretty much what I was suggesting.

Atrip to the coast is another nice day out and gets you away to the beach for the day, sure the wee ones woud love that.
    CDV

Florida Newbie
    Also not really interested in the coast or beach, we live on Lanzarote and I never want to do a beach holiday again!!

Personally I would leave Busch gardens (as it is further away) and Discovery cove (because the girls may get more out of it when they are a year or two older) I would drop Epcot from the Disney parks list, but would do Animal Kingdom as it is a shorter day and so is MGM. You may have the energy to shop after these parks. Just to have more to think about, you also have the Disney water parks for your list [msnwink]
    If you get tickets with no expiry, then you can use them another year if you run out of time [msneek]
    Shirley

Oh Graham you could be missing out, I have been to Lanzarote in my younger days and enjoyed it but the Floridian Gulf Coast or even Atlantic coast with places like Daytona and the Speedway or a little further and the likes Fort Lauderdale and Miami are truly amazing but if you are concentrating on the parks though maybe it's not for you as you say.
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    personal choice i know but i would leave discovery cove until your girls are older

and i would drop busch gardens, if they are 4 adults you could perhaps let the oldest boy and one set of adults go to universal whilst you check out another park with the little ones

personally we love AK and Epcot, if i was going to leave out any disney park it would be MGM

leaving things out is a good idea, then you always have that as an excuse to go back[msnwink]

i would look at the link above for tickets after working a rough itinerary out, there are a lot of places that sell tickets exclusive to uk customers (14 days all singing and dancing) but i never found we got the value out of them, this last trip we bought what we needed plus one extra day and we struggled to use the last day, doing it this way we saved almost £300 in total compared to what we would have paid for a 14 day uk exclusive ticket [clap]

i would give seaworld the thumbs up for the little ones, lots of shows to watch and sitting down opportunities[high5]

and not forgetting the big ones i must mention the free samples from budweiser you get at seaworld in the hospitality centre[party1]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We would never miss out on Epcot even if just for the fireworks. Animal Kingdom is great as you can do this at a slower pace. As everyone has already said whatever you miss you can go back and try the things you missed another year.
    We have been dozens of times now and still not seen all we want to so we have to keep going back[clap][clap][clap]
    mike