Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: who does the packing and planning

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • the man of the house

6 5.88%
  • the woman of the house

75 73.53%
  • both share the job

21 20.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who does the packing and planning

I choose when and where we are going, DH just pays!

I book car hire, car parking etc on his CC[msnwink]

If we are going to florida there is very little to do in the way of packing as we keep most of our stuff there.

If we are holidaying somewhere other than Florida, I do the majority of the packing although I insist he gets his own clothes out for me to pack[msneek] Though even this seems to involve lengthy discussions with me about what to take[msnoo]

The only thing for which I absolve myself of responsibility is the packing of the golf clubs when we are travelling to a non Florida location
    [msnwink]

If however it is a business trip he does all his own packing so I don't think he is completely helpless[msnwink]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    One of these days Liz, I will do "that girlie trip[msnwink]" bet the whole process will be a breeze[high5]

I usually book the flights but we each pack our own suitcase. Does not take that long as we do it so often[msnwink]

Sandra

Well no surprises with that result then [msnwink] If I didn't do it all, we wouldn't go away, it is that simple... even if I send him on his own, I do the packing [msnoo]
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    i wasn't surprised at the result either and another thing that came to light with this poll

us woman are very good at using our other halves credit cards

my husband has two cards and he always seems put out when asked to hand one over at the till, strange considering he hasn't a clue of the balance or how to pay when the statement comes, as long as it's paid and no interest is charged then he couldn't care less so i've never understood his drama and hard done by look at the checkout[msneek]

So its true -all men are the same
    I do everything, sort out flights, car hire etc, and am chief entertainment manager whilst there, along with carrying on washing ironing and cleaning throughout our "holiday" -althoughI do it quietly so as not to disturb fox soccer channel or whatever
    Next year, I have booked a few days in LAs Vegas whereI WILL be waited on [Yep he can pay for that too ]

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Tony plans the holidays and I do the packing.
    Tracy

Super Moderator
    I plan the holiday, make the bookings make sure all bills are paid etc before we leave and handle packing etc. Stuart makes sure he knows what sporting events are on wherever we are travelling to and then tries to make sure he can get to one[msnmad]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Bill would not know were to start when it comes to booking for Florida and I would hate it if he did. I research the flights and just tell him which is the cheapest and the best dates to travel and he says 'book it then' and that is his total involvement with the planning and booking. He drives us to Gatwick and drives in Florida, that is his contribution.
    Lyn

I love this thread!!![msnsmile2] I do all the packing/organising/booking stuff/sorting kids/parents etc etc etc - Danny just turns up at the appropriate moment. Strange thing is, I don't remember ever volunteering for this role - [msnsmile2][msnwink]!
    Alison and Danny