Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Chris c report day 1 to 4 with photos

Gold 5 Star Member

Chris c report day 1 to 4 with photos

Wednesday
    Arrived in Orlando after a good flight.
    Got to the villa about 6.30 p.m. where my daughter and her boyfriend were waiting having arrived the previous day.
    Went to Manny's for dinner although I wasn't really hungry and had the 2 for 1 fajitas.
    Excellent as always!

Thursday
    Breakfast at the clubhouse followed by the obligatory trip to WalMart for supplies.
    DH and Claire's boyfriend then went off to play golf so my friend (Jacqui)and myself walked back down to WalMart for a proper look around.
    After their round of golf DH and Chris hadn't had enough so wanted to go to Edwin Watts and look at clubs! I decided to be brave and have my first proper experience of driving in Florida, although I have driven around the community before! Went to Eagle Ridge Mall and got some good bargains in the sale at J. C. Penney. The others met us there and we had dinner at Garfields - disappointing after Manny's!

Friday
    Had breakfast at home then DH and Chris went off to play golf again!! Jacqui and I sat around the pool until lunchtime when we met the others at the clubhouse to eat.
    We all then went to Premium Outlets to do some shopping. I didn't really enjoy it as I prefer the big stores like Sears, J.C. Penney and Dillards for shopping.
    Wanted to try Bahama Breeze for dinner, but it was getting late and they had a waiting time of 1 hour, so we went over the road to Golden Corrall. We weren't very keen when we walked in, as it was a self service buffet, but the food was really good! Then had to dash back to the cars as it was bucketing down!

Saturday
    Breakfast in the villa again and then we went our seperate ways! Claire and Chris went off to do an airboat ride and DH, Jacqui and myself went to Cypress Gardens as we had tickets and had booked seats for the Lonestar concert in the evening.
    Had lunch at Ruby Tuesday just outside the Cypress Gardens entrance. Highly recommended.
    Walked round the gardens, saw the ice show and water ski show - both very good. Didn't do any rides though.
    The Lonestar concert was really fantastic - better than I was expecting.

<span style="color:red">If anyone is planning to visit Cypress Gardens in the near future, please be aware that it is up for auction on 26th September, so it's future is sadly not assured!!
    At the moment only the gardens are open Monday to Thursday - no shows or rides.
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday is as normal with everything available.
    </span id="red">
    Christine

oh what a shame.... i think, we havent been there yet but we did hope to go this trip, still we will have 6 days before its auctioned so will try and get there the first weekend we are in florida
    thanks Christine, enjoying this, looking forward to the next part xx[msncool]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great start Chris, thaks for posting your report and photos. We had a great day & night at Cypress Gardens in June.
    All the fun of the rides during the day and then Leann Rimes and Jim Van-Fleet at night
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Florida Expert
    Great start,keep it coming[msnsmile]

Enjoy the rest of your stay Chris & Peter, tell Peter to practice his short game.
    Regards, Mark

Great start!!!
    Jan

Thanks for sharing your photo's Christine, really enjoying your report.

Did your friend enjoy the flight over[?]
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    great start chris lovely photos[msnsmile]

Florida Expert
    Enjoyed reading your report and looking at the photos. We have never been to Cypress Gardens but it looks lovely. It will be a shame if it has to close.
    Barbara
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/737.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kokomo
    Thanks for sharing your photo's Christine, really enjoying your report.

Did your friend enjoy the flight over[?]
    [/quote]

Enjoy would be the wrong word to use!!
    She is an extremely nervous flyer and I had to talk to her non stop on both landing and take off.
    Will have to do the same on the return trip!!
    Forgot to post my Lonestar picture on the first bit - so here it is now!

Christine