Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: There is a Gator at the bottom of our garden!

Gold 5 Star Member
    If it is more than four foot, the gator patrol will take it away, John. However I used to think that they re-located them away from houses, but I have heard that actually something happens to them that you as a veggie might not like to think about!!! We have quite a few gators in Celebration, though the biggest is only about three foot, also racoons, deer and armadillo. I have heard that there is a bear ( from a reputable attorney!!) though I have yet to see that!!!
    Julie

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'd imagine it was around 6 feet from tip to tail. I'm not saying a word more about it as I certainly would not want someone taking it away from it's natural habitat

We have deer, wild pigs, racoons, eagles, egrets (sp?) and lots more in Crescent Lakes - it's great

One of our gators was taken away by the wardens a couple of days ago. Some brainless people had been feeding it for a few days before a resident spotted them and told them not to!! Unfortunately the damage was done, gator got bold, and now it's gone, but there are still plenty of others around!!!

Why would anyone in their right mind deliberately try and coax a gator onto land near where they are standing?? What do they think will happen once the gator is near them???? It beats me!!!

Gators have a very small brain and they are motivated to eat (as often as possible) and procreate (in the Spring) - nothing else matters!! If left alone they will not come anywhere near humans. However, if you feed them then they see humans as a source of food and will approach. Then they have to be removed and end up as gator bites. [}][}]

We share the same wildlife Julie, plus a gaggle of wild turkeys who love to lay around on the grass!! By the sounds of it we also share the same bear story!!!! Who's the attorney - I think I know his "tall story" friend!!

John, ours was 5 feet 7 inches apparently and my friend got the entire capture on video.
    Such a shame for the poor creature.
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    Same thing happened to the big gator who used to live in the lake on Eagle Pointe. Gator patrol came and hooked it out. I forgot about the wild boar, there are supposed to be some of those around Celebration too. Honestly, I have heard the tall bear story from two or three Celebration residents, Carla. Have you heard the same??
    Julie

I've heard the bear story Julie, and I've also heard that the bear roam around a bit further south, which is where I am. Never seen any though!! Would love to.
    Carla

Florida Chatterbox
    We are also on crescent lakes and when we went over in July discovered a big black snake living in our wall--it came out early every morning to sun itself--apparently there are only 2 types of snake in this area one is poisonous and one isnt.ours is!but i'm sure it wont do any harm unless provoked.i have mentioned it to our management co for them to keep an eye on things though.
    Shazbat

Gold 5 Star Member
    Shazbat
    That's sounds a bit dangerous to wait and see what happens, it may not do any harm unless provoked but if you get children around with sticks etc they are sure to start poking it, and not only could it prove fatal for them , you could be hit with an extremely big lawsuit, I would imagine, especially as you have said you know about it's existence. I think I'd have to get pest control or someone to remove it for my own peace of mind. I'm sure they could find it a good home.
    Babblin Boo

I definitely wouldn't want to stay in a house with a snake[:0]
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nor me[:I][:I]

quote:Originally posted by caroline

I definitely wouldn't want to stay in a house with a snake[:0]
    Ruth