Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teeth whitening

Florida Newbie

Teeth whitening

Hi,

I was looking into getting my teeth whitened here as you can get it done in beauty and sunbed salons for round about 150 pound.

Does any one know if there is anything like this in orlando and if so is it cheaper there and can you recommend anywhere.

Kerry

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Anything to do with dentist and doctors are quite expensive in the US.

Although over the counter bleaching products are readyily available, You can get bleaching trays that hold liquid then you clasp you teeth around them and wait for anything from 10 mins to 30 mins, or they have whitening strips that you put on and peel off in 30 mins or now they have dissolvable ones. I always bring a couple of packets home with me. the trays are too much trouble, have had the strips that pull off and have just gone to the dissolvable ones, they tend to last about 8 months or so. I do see a difference, and try to keep it going with whitening toothpaste as well.
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Hi Ceri,

Do you know the make of the strips that dissolve and where I can buy them.

Regards

Kerry

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Yes I have a few in my bag right now.

Listerine Whitening. and you can get them from Wal*Mart about $20 if I remember, the other ones I used to buy was Crest white strips classic and they were about $35. If you want to do the whole of your teeth, you will need two strips on both top and bottom, I only use one strip as you don't see the back teeth too much.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    You can get Listerine whitening mouthwash as well, for around $6 a bottle - it does work... If you have sensitive teeth you will notice it for a few days, but the 'pain' does stop...

I use the whitening strips (Crest, bought in Florida) they are very good.

I had my teeth bleached/whitened in August 2004 and they are still great - you get a home top-up kit too, I can thoroughly recomend the place I went to, very high tech and friendly, and only 5-10 mins from Millenia Mall

8976 Conroy Windermere Road
    407 909 1099

www.windermeredentist.com

I originally booked with Britesmile but they sent me to some awful hikky dentist out in the sticks Windermere were a touch cheaper and there was no comparison with the dentist[msnwink][high5]

Although there are plenty of over the counter products available I would prefer to go down the professional route

I have been really happy with my results and my UK dentist was very impressed[msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    Hi Julie,

how much did the treatment cost?

Thanks to everyone for their help. the strips and mouthwash sound great. i will definitely be giving them a go.

From memory I think it was $420[msnsmile2] and worth every penny[msnsmile2]

I also use the Crest strips which do work and are very good. I've just bought some this week at Walgreens. They cost $20 and if you pick up a copy of their "offers" magazine in the store they have a $5 off coupon at the moment.
    Pam