Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cost of living

Florida Newbie
    hello.just whant to find what its going to take to go to the U.S
    philjaime

Florida Chatterbox
    Euan, I second Asbaum's comments on $130K per year combined income. That will go far in central Florida. It wouldn't go as far where I live (Northern VA, just outside of Washington D.C.), but then we have some of the highest cost of living in the states here (and also some of the best quality of living re school quality, county services like parks and recreation, libraries, etc.). If we moved to Florida (or just about any other part of the south U.S.) we could do alot better than where we are. That is part of the reason why so many Americans retire to Florida, quality of life and their money goes far. My husband's parents have a place on Cape Cod and a place on Atlantic coast of Florida. they live between them at different points of the year, "wintering" in Florida as so many "snowbirds" (older Americans who flee the cold northern weather of the U.S. and spend the winter in Florida) do. They both worked in the public school system (not making a boatload of money, certainly not anywhere near 130K combined, but they did get themselves pensions which is pretty unheard of these days here. They were just extremely frugal during the first several decades they were married.
    I would imagine that if you go somewhere in Orlando (or somewhere else in Florida?) besides the Disney area in Orlando you could get alot more house for the money to live in...

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi James

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you're asking but if it's about immigration from Nigeria to the USA, then your best plan is to check one of the US Embassy websites.

If you check out this one http://travel.state.gov/index.html you may be able to find out what regulations apply for you.
    blott