Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Falling Man .

Florida Expert

The Falling Man .

I watched this programme last night and realised how quickly we all forget and return to our normal lives. What struck me as rather strange that people refered to the "Jumpers" as people who committed suicide . I cannot believe that God would blame people who jumped from burning and smoked filled buildings ,surely when you are in a situation such as that you are beyond rational thought . A need for air and getting away from the fire would be all you could think of . The programmme made me remember that relatives and friends of the 9/11 victims are still suffering and feeling pain five years on , may God console and strengthen all of them.
    Olive

I remember watching that programme on one of the previous anniversaries of 911.

His family were so adamnant that it could not be him. This was just someone trying to escape because he did not want to die!
    It was terribly sad.

Once again my thoughts turn to all the families affected by the atrocoities of that day.

Liz

I started to watch this programme but had to turn it off. I found it very harrowing. Just what would make someone jump? The thought of death from smoke, fire, heat or jump and a certain death awaits. We will never know just what exact terror those people faced. Just horrible.
    Karen Scott

Florida Expert
    They showed flight 93 on tv out here the other night.

We both sat there and looked at each other when they took over the cockpit, and said to each other, "my heart is beating like a drum". It just had so many emotions running through your body when you saw them take over the cockpit like that.

Lets hope that never happens again.
    Neil & Kay

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Marthas Harbour
    I started to watch this programme but had to turn it off. I found it very harrowing. Just what would make someone jump? The thought of death from smoke, fire, heat or jump and a certain death awaits. We will never know just what exact terror those people faced. Just horrible.
    [/quote]
    We will never know, but when there is no chance, then I suppose you go for the option that has a chance, however slim it maybe. I don't see it as suicide, more likely escape
    Shirley

It doesnt even bare thinking about, how horrific it must have been for everyone involved[msncry]

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    Didn't see the programme and wouldn't want too. How dreadful for the families to hear their loved ones last desperate attempts to escape referred to as suicide. Not sure what these types of programmes achieve apart from earning money for the makers!

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Didn't see it.

Was it just the programme referring to the desperation to escape as suicide or was this an official line?
    CDV

Florida Expert
    I Have watched all the programms ref 9/11 and feel just as upset as i did on the day this awul tragedy happend,remembering all those who died and all the fallen hero's may god bless them all

Sheena.
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/40.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I remember well watching, unbelieving, the events of that awful day and tears rolling down as I watched, it still upsets me now to see it and will be thinking about all those poor families that lost loved ones that terrible day.
    Jean