Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Falling Man .

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Didn't see it.

Was it just the programme referring to the desperation to escape as suicide or was this an official line?
    [/quote]

I think some people in the programme were saying it was suicide because the people had chosen to jump. One family refused to believe that the falling man might have been their father committing suicide because they were very religious and that would mean he wouldn't go to heaven.

I don't believe suicide was the official line - the official line after the initial TV coverage on the 11th and then the newspaper reports on the 12th was not to show the footage/photos of the falling people ever again, and to concentrate on the heroism and bravery of everyone involved.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

On a positive note, we watched "the man who foresaw 911". A brit who fought in Vietnam for the 7th Cavalry, had one of the lowest loss rates of any unit, was the security officer for Morgan Stanley and managed to get 99% of their staff out due to forward planning and repeated training. He was one of the unfortunate people to die but the programme brought tears to our eyes as it showed how much difference one person can make.
    Regards, Mark

I had turned off before the programme mentioned suicide. Just to harrowing.

I think the reason for the programme was to try to identify one particular photo of a man who had jumped, but again I switched off well before the end, so don't know if they managed their objective.
    Karen Scott