Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: goodbye

Gold 5 Star Member

goodbye

just wanted to say goodbye

i have made some great friends on here and had some invaluable advice which i thank you all for

someone has caused me great distress today only to be protected by having a moderator remove the topic

thanks everyone[msnsmile]

Mizzy, if it is the thread that I am thinking of, then you received a heartfelt apology for any distress caused, on that thread, from the person concerned, and she removed the post that offended you.

I have no idea why the thread was removed but perhaps the moderator felt that it was likely to get too personal?
    Carla

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That is not true. No-one was "protected" - I made great pains to point out in your other thread that the thread was removed due to complaints from more than one person.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy

someone has caused me great distress today only to be protected by having a moderator remove the topic

[/quote]

Florida Junior
    As an avid reader of this forum, I do not post very much as you will see, but I would like to add my say to the current situation. I know you got upset, but the person did apologise immediately they realised that they had upset you, I am sure that the person involved is equally upset!

I think we all need to bear in mind that with e-mail or forums like this, a person can read something and reply straight away, press the send button and voila its gone, sometimes we all need to sit and think for a while before we speak or write! Let's not get things out of hand you have both been very important and influential people on this forum - as we would say to our children, shake hands and start again!

Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    That is not true. No-one was "protected" - I made great pains to point out in your other thread that the thread was removed due to complaints from more than one person.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

may i withdraw the comment about a certain member being protected, i am a reasonable person and accept that these words are inappropriate

i'm still confused as to why the topic wasn't just locked as many others have been when they are developing into something that people are not comfortable with?

this topic was uncomfortable but i feel more so for me than anyone else and i accepted the apology with good grace from the other forum member for her comments made

however i still feel that by removing the whole topic it only served to edit and save one person from being shown in their true colours

i have had many dm's and emails in support regarding the post and would like to say thanks to my friends on here

it's still goodbye though

Many thanks - we're not trying to single out or to protect anyone in this matter. We felt the thread had got way beyond the bounds of one we would be comfortable with. We fully appreciate it's a very emotive subject and rightly so, but we do have a job to do keeping the forums on an even keel, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

may i withdraw the comment about a certain member being protected, i am a reasonable person and accept that these words are inappropriate
    [/quote]

See above - it was on the verge of getting personal and no matter what valid reasons anyone has for that, we're not going to allow that kind of thing.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
    i'm still confused as to why the topic wasn't just locked as many others have been when they are developing into something that people are not comfortable with?
    [/quote]

That is a real shame as you will be sorely missed, not only by us but by many of the members on here. We'd really like to think you would re-consider but do appreciate it's your choice at the end of the day.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
    it's still goodbye though
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    i will cool down for a bit and perhaps reconsider

but i would urge others who know exactly what happened this morning to tell it like it is to John

there's more to the whole thing than meets the eye John[msnsad]

Please do - I'm sure I'm not the only one who would miss your great contributions to the forums.

I would also encourage anyone who is not happy with a post or a DM they have seen on here to report it to us so we can take the appropriate action. This is a friendly forums and that's the way we'd like it to stay.

i will cool down for a bit and perhaps reconsider

but i would urge others who know exactly what happened this morning to tell it like it is to John

there's more to the whole thing than meets the eye John[msnsad]
    [/quote]

Mizzy, didn't see the thread, but just want to say please don't go, enjoyed your many posts and contributions to the forum, have a rethink[msnembarrased]
    Karen Scott

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Mizzy

You can't go - I haven't posted my parasailing pictures yet.
    Christine