Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How expensive is Texas de Brasil..??

Florida Newbie

How expensive is Texas de Brasil..??

Have read that it is really expensive . Not wanting to be a skinflint, but would it be more than £100 for 2 adults and 2 kids ?

Thanks
    Diane Reid

Florida Chatterbox
    It comes up as 3 $$$ (expensive) on aol city guide here is there web site.

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

Found this on aol city guide

Busy International Drive is the third Florida location for this Brazilian-style churrascaria, or steakhouse, where meat is the star of the plate -- 14 cuts of meat including filet mignon, sausage, pork ribs, chicken, lamb and more. Low-carb fans will love that it's all-the-meat-you-can-eat for $38.50 (kids under 6 are free, age 7 to 12 are half price), a deal for hungry vacationers. Dressed as gauchos, servers roam the upscale dining room, watching for your table to signal for more with a green tab. To stop the endless services, just flip the tab to red.

Along with the meat, a seasonal salad bar has more than 40 options, from greens to roasted vegetables, Brazilian soups and sauces, cheeses and breads. You might want to start with a lime-laced caipirinha, a traditional South American cocktail, or add a nice bottle of wine -- nearly 300 choices in all with a terrific selection of red. If you must have something sweet after all that protein, try the papaya cream or Brazilian cheesecake.

Seems like good value.
    WR

If you register on their web site about a week before you are due to leave they will email you a discount voucher that you can print off and use I think it's about 25% off. Last time we went it was $39.99 per person.

I've just got my statement in and checked - our bill for 6 people came to £196.11. Our daughter, who is 5, was free, I think. I'm sure we had a bottle of wine and probably a cocktail or two as well. Don't know how much I tipped, but I'm sure it would have been at least 20% and included in above figure.
    Tonish

Texas de Brasil will only work out expensive if you go outside the items included in the buffet price. Do not order desserts here and do not fall for expensive drinks at the bar. If you just have the things with the buffet and water at the table with just one drink from the bar you can come in at under £80 for the four of you. The buffet and the meat here is really good and you won't need to eat anything else. WE don't eat anything other than an early breakfast when we go otherwise you can't do all thise wonderful meats justice. The atmosphere is different from the usual fare in this area.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    If I remember rightly I paid around $450 all in for 5 of us a couple years back but that was with a couple drinks each and some had dessert too. I don't think the prices have gone up since.

It's a lot less when just Mr CDV and I go but I still got to have my cocktails!
    CDV

It is more expensive than some other restaurants, but worth it in my opinion. It's not somewhere you would go regularly, but well worth a visit.

You should go when you're really hungry though to do justice to the volume of good food on offer so that you get your full value out of it.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

Very expensive but absolutely brilliant - 4 adults came to way over £100. Definitely not one to do every week, but for special occasions, hard to beat. Look out for special deal vouchers, subscribe to their site.
    Liesel
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2146.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2900.aspx

We went for a birthday it was different a liitle pricy but with being a special day we did not mind .
    The buffet was to die for so many thing on it so we tried them all and can out very full but happy .
    MAUREEN
    www.on;inefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Savvy
    In my opinion it's definitely still FAR cheaper than eating out at an equivalent standard restaurant in the UK! In general in Orlando we can eat out as a family for the same in dollars as we do in pounds at home and the quality and service, on the whole, are far superior.