Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cabin Crew make all the difference

The Cabin Crew make all the difference

We have just got back from flying Virgin from Manchester and as I have said in the past I had felt the crew were not the best over the last few years.

The Virgin 75 on the 9 August was a different story they were fabulous, attentive, always visible in the cabin, could not do enough for you and I even saw the Senior Crew Member replenish all the toilets half way through the flight[clap]

The aircraft was also clean and everthinhg worked etc.

I spoke to the Senior Flight Attendant and he explained he was working 'UP' in other words he was not normally the most Senior but they were short so he worked 'UP' that day - well it showed, he obviously loved his jpb and his positive attitude spead down the ranks and they seemed to really do a great job and gave off a great atmoshpere which often happens.

On the way back however it was not the case in our cabin section, the crew were hard nosed and gave off that could not care less attitiude which as ex crew makes me so angry[msnmad] they ran out of diet coke (which in reality means they could not be bothered going back to the galley for more!). They also ran our out of 2 of the choices of meals again which where we were sitting meant the same - if we were in the last row they were serving I could understand it but we were not - I also heard the stewardess in our cabin say to the steward 'we have one chicken left on the trolley are we going to offer it or not'[msnmad][msnmad] She also left rubbish and spilt milk all over the floor when clearing away[msnmad] The aircraft was more worn and bits falling off armrests etc and the loo's were very smelly before we even left MCO[msneek]

Two flights and two very differnt experiences.

Oh dear. Let's hope Virgin sort the second crew out.
    Regards, Mark

We, I am afraid, have had similar experiences with Virgin, Julie. It is interesting to see it from your perspective as one who has worked in the industry. Their planes are some of the smelliest we have come across and there is always something broken - last time it was my seat, normally its the audio system, we have even travelled the whole way back across the Atlantic in darkness with no lights working - difficult to even eat with no light - although they did bring us a tiny clip on light which was as useful as a chocolate teapot. The one thing I really dread is when you have to lift up the little table to eat - the dirt and debris surrounding it would put you off eating for life. As you so rightly say, some cabin crew have a real 'no can do' attitude, and it can make flying with them really disappointing. Bearing in mind what Virgin charge they seem to be resting on their laurels and believe that the name alone will sell the product - which sadly it does. We only use them if we can get a good deal with points.

What a difference when we flew with Thomsonfly on a very cheap deal. The staff were friendly and helpful and the loos were spotlessly clean - unlike the Virgin loos which stink even before take-off - if they smell before take off there is little hope for them after 8 hours of usage. Nothing was too much trouble.

You would think that Virgin would train their staff to offer customer service regardless of whether you are in cattle class or Business class, but seeing them simpering over the 'elite' passengers shows how Richard Branson regards us lesser mortals.

Glad you had a good trip out, though. We have had the occassional pleasant crew - it really does seem to be entirely a matter of luck as to whether the crew are welcoming and helpful or just downright rude.

ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    i am of the same opinion Julie and Ellie, our first trip in 05 was with virgin and the aircraft was with red and blue coloured seat in economy, it was clean and the staff were great

this last trip also with virgin we flew PE the way out and although we were looked after the aircraft was less that clean and it seemed to be an older plane, going downstairs the seats were a grotty orangey brown colour and the plane was very grubby, we flew economy coming back and in hindsight wish we'd swapped over and did econ out and prem back, the flight home was dreadful with the lap table broken (we were in a bulkhead) and it seemed to take ages for the staff to clear at the end of the meal, so much so i bundled all the debris into a carrier bag and took it to the galley myself [msnmad]

this next trip we're taking a risk and going first choice, it's a risk for us as my children have additional needs and virgin are excellent when it comes to special assistance, it's going to be all new with first choice but fingers crossed it'll be ok

Isn't it strange how we can have different experiences. We have flown Virgin on two occasions now and we could not fault the service on either flight. The crew were excellent, the food was better than Delta's and we had seat back TV's, which we don't get with Delta when flying from Manchester. Both of our flights on Virgin were as a result of the aircraft we were supposed to be flying with having faults.

We were so impressed that we have booked to fly with Virgin in November and next February. I hope that I am not going to have to eat my words now and that they still come up to scatch

[msnscared]
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Junior
    mizzy i flew first choice with my children last year and my 8year old has adhd,autism,sensory deprevation and insomnia so i was dreading the flight most of all everyone was fantastic with him we boarded early with him they came to check to see when he would be needing drinks for his meds incase it didnt coincide with there drinks run and spent time talking to him about the flight before we took off
    sam

Gold 5 Star Member
    We once had the return flight from hell, staffed by the flight crew from hell, with Virgin in 2001 and didn't fly with them again until May 2007 (and that was only because the price was right!).

Have to say I was very impressed with the crew, particularly on our outward flight, who were really helpful. The senior person also had arthritis and was really sympathetic and organised eveyone to help us where possible.

I'm intrigued how the 'helpful' crews going out seem to get replaced by the not so helpful crews coming back? Maybe they're just meeved about coming home, like the rest of us?

Anyway, following that experience, we've booked twice more with Virgin for later this year and next year so I hope the good service continues...
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    We must have been really lucky then as we have always had excellent service from Virgin. We have always found the crew to be friendly and helpful, the planes clean, and the one time (in 20 odd flights) that the entertainment system wasn't working the cabin crew organised games and competitions to keep adults and kids amused.

The only time we see the planes dirty is when disembarking, and it amazes me how some people can make so much mess in such a confined space [msnoo]
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I only travel up and down the country on Jetblue....I'm on first names with most of the crew now...and I've never had a bad flight yet...or one unhelpful crew member....

Always had first rate service with Virgin to be honest. BA were good as well apart from the fact that both my nephews who are 6 footers were given kids meals as they insisted this was corrrect for a 15 and 17 year old and that they couldn't possibly change it, this was outward and return. Before anyone says comment abt airplane food I think its not bad and would have preferred to have eaten more than the rool I was left with when I gave them my meal to compensate.
    Jan