Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lottery

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    So if ever the UK sends less than this number of people to the US then we would start to be included in the lottery.
    [/quote]

Yes but wouldn't our booking Calendars look sick[msnscared]
    Graham

We are not excluded from emigrating to the usa as over 100,000 of us do that each each year.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    We stand side by side with her no matter what but we are excluded[?]
    [/quote]

Tourists dont count so no worries there[msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mr G
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    So if ever the UK sends less than this number of people to the US then we would start to be included in the lottery.
    [/quote]

Yes but wouldn't our booking Calendars look sick[msnscared]
    [/quote]

Roger, do I understand from this that both your parents have to be born abroad in a qualifying country not just one? Both of us have one parent who was born abroad.
    Jill and Brian

I believe it is just one parent.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thornton

Roger, do I understand from this that both your parents have to be born abroad in a qualifying country not just one? Both of us have one parent who was born abroad.
    [/quote]

Administrator
    I think it has to be both parents, not just one.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    We are not excluded from emigrating to the usa as over 100,000 of us do that each each year.

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    But where do they get their figures for emigrating?
    We have moved here, but under the rules of an E2 visa we are classed as temporary.
    Are we included in the "emigrated" numbers i wonder???

The measure would be how many people attain permanent residence in the US from the UK per year.

Interestingly, i wonder whether Roger and his family are included in the UK numbers, even though they got here by having connections to another country (Germany).

If that were the case then people who can apply through connections to other countries would infact be stopping people who have no ties, by filling the avaialble 10,000 allocated slots.
    Now that would seem just plain unfair.
    Neil & Kay

Administrator
    It is based on the number of people from each country obtaining permenant residency (green cards) not on the numbers approved for various other visas.

They look at the country of chargeability (Germany in Carolyn's case) when counting numbers of people from various countries.

I would imagine in our case, we will count as 1 person from Germany and 5 people from the UK in terms of the stats.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    But where do they get their figures for emigrating?
    We have moved here, but under the rules of an E2 visa we are classed as temporary.
    Are we included in the "emigrated" numbers i wonder???

The measure would be how many people attain permanent residence in the US from the UK per year.

Interestingly, i wonder whether Roger and his family are included in the UK numbers, even though they got here by having connections to another country (Germany).

If that were the case then people who can apply through connections to other countries would infact be stopping people who have no ties, by filling the avaialble 10,000 allocated slots.
    Now that would seem just plain unfair.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Martin I am not talking about being excluded from emigrating (Although it is not technically possible to emigrate is it) I am talking about being excluded for the green card lottery which is what the title was. At the moment I know more than most how difficut the whole saga is
    CDV

We have not been allowed to win the lottery now for at least 15 years.

I was given to understand that years earlier, when UK had the 'brain drain' which some of the oldies may remember, that a private treaty was made between the 2 countries to try to stop all the clever educated British leaving to live in the USA. From my understanding, that is still the case.

Unscrupulous US Attorneys were still collecting fees - I think it was around $60/$80 to enter the Lottery, whilst we had no chance of winning a Green Card.

Sandra