Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Lobster

Florida Chatterbox
    We tried it for the 1st time last week. Absolutely fantastic - great seafood and Steak! We didn't have the kids with us on this occasion but did notice that there didn't seem to be much on the menu that would appeal to kids.
    WR

Florida Newbie
    Re not appealing to kids - I had to stop my 7 year old ordering lobster this summer whilst visiting Isle of Harris - at £19.50 a pop ! he was adamant he wanted it. Also my 10 year old son was pestering for scallops at £16.50 ! I know I am lucky to have kids that are great eaters, but it can be costly !
    So Red Lobster is a def visit for us in October and they can fill thier boots [msnsmile2]
    Diane Reid

Gold 5 Star Member
    my children both like real food too, the daughter is a big sushi fan and as for the youngest, well as long as there's steak and chicken and a promise of chocolate dessert then he's a happy chap
    i'm ashamed to say that when it comes to lobster, shellfish and anything that looks like it's lived and served up in it's own shell then i'm the wimp in the family[msnscared]

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    When my daughter was 15 she had tears running down her face when I was cracking the lobster! No way would she even taste it. I love the snow crabs myself but all that work for a tiny bit of meat[msnoo]
    Tricia

Gold 5 Star Member
    Marie, it took us a while to go into a Red Lobster. We used to keep driving into the car park and then changing our minds.
    But in recent years it has been one of our most visited places for a couple of reasons. We like the food!!!! And also my parents could usually manage to share a starter and still eat all their main meal without feeling overloaded as they did at some other restaurants.
    As others have mentioned the cheese biscuits are delicious, they have a good choice of fish dishes but also do chicken and steak dishes.
    We were slightly disappointed with the service on a couple of our visits in May but I think as with all these places it varies from one location to another – but the food was always good!

Hope you enjoy if you decide to give it a try on your next trip.

Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Absolutely one of my fav haunts these days. Hubby a fussy eater, but has coped with the steak while I tuck into a Seafood Platter that really feeds 2 [msnsmile2][msnwink] Yum!! Always busy which ever one we try, and never been disappointed so far

Florida Chatterbox
    One of my favourites but I love seafood especially shellfish

although the menu certainly has a selection for those who dont

one thing I always do with the kids is get them to count the lobsters in the tank on the way in and then also on the way out to see if any have been eaten !!

howe cruel am I

I have always wanted to try Red Lobster and gave in to the rest of the family when they didn't want to have 'fish'. Having read these reviews we are definately going in the next couple of days and I'll report back as to how they liked/disliked it.[msneek]
    Stuart & Linda

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3209.aspx

Another definite vote for Red Lobster from us. Our daughter asked for the kids crabs legs last visit, and we were like, "ooookkkay, if you're sure" - she devoured them! Really good mix of food, usually very good service, nice cocktails for the non-driver. I'm not a fish lover, but the spicy chicken pasta dish (can't remember the name) is lovely (but very filling).
    Euan

We went to the Red Lobster last night and really enjoyed it. I talked the kids into because of the recommendations from here that it was not all seafood - they enjoyed it too. The only let down was when the server asked James (14) what he wanted with his steak - steak and lobster or steak and shrimp and he replied steak and french fries please!!!![msnembarrased] The server laughed and said well that answers my second question anyway.
    Stuart & Linda

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3209.aspx