Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mach 2.....day 6.............with photo's

Mach 2.....day 6.............with photo's

Day 6 August 15th.......

It is so lovely waking up with the sound of the water feature in the pool and just to know that the sun WILL be shinning and it WILL be hot again[msnsmile2]

Spent the morning by the pool before heading to Celebration for a early lunch. We were talking about the fact that we were spending a lot of time eating at the Market Street Cafe but we love it there so much, the choice of food is fab you can get breakfast all day and we just love sitting outside watching the lake[msnsmile] We even had 2 rather large ducks try to join us[msneek]

After eating we sat in the rocking chairs for a while watching a few guys fishing, we also saw a gator pop his head above the water[msnsmile] DH took some great photos too[msnwink]

We then headed down the US27 to Eagle Ridge Mall - we have not been for years and won't be going again as we were not impressed at all[msnsad]

Quick stop at Walmart at Southern Dunes for a few supplies and even more pool toys, this time a 99c pink fish rubber ring that looks like a pink Dory from Nemo which YD fell in love with LOL worth every cent[clap]

Back at to the villa for an afternoon dip until we had a tunderstorn right overhead it was so loud the children both burst into tears but it was short and quickly over and it cooled the air down nicely.

Because it was nice and cool we decided to go to the Boardwalk. It was a really nice evening, we parked at the Boardwalk Hotel and walked through the lobby and out onto the boardwalk. We then walked round to the Beech Club Hotel to find Beeches & Cream Soda Shop for the world famous "Kitchen Sink Icecream"

We waited for 40 minutes before getting a table as it was peak time 7 pm and I have to confess once inside it was small, very very busy and so noisy and not really our cup of tea but we had promised the children a 'Kitchen Sink' so we waited to be serve which also took a while. What we did not realise was when they serve a KS they turn the lights down and make an announcement which was a bit embarrassing[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]to say the least, anyway as you will see from the photo's it huge and we only managed to eat half of it[msneek] Would not go back again though and would suggest if anyone wants to go choose a quiet time[msnwink]

After that we walked back around the lake towards the Boardwalk Hotel and stopped to watch the Fireworks - but they were late[msnmad] The guy empying the bins said they had been delayed and he did not know why so we left[msnsad]

We had a lovely day and my DH took some great photo's some of which are below - enjoy![msnsmile2]

[img]http://www.orlando-

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well worth the time spent resizing them Julie, really lovely pictures.
    Paula

lovely photos Julie, did i see no crutches beside you in 1 picture? hopefully doing well with your leg? hope so, well did you all manage to finish the kitchen sink? looks very yummy.....
    loving every bit of your trip report and this time in 5 weeks we will be there! well almost......
    thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next part[8D]
    Liesa

Fabulous photo's Julie, thanks for sharing them with us.[msnsmile2]
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Florida Expert
    Loved the photos Julie, especially of the Boardwalk, me and hubby had a quick visit there in July, we both agreed it was a lovely place and would love to stay there, the pool looked lovely, we had been to Florida 3 times before and never knew this place existed until I found this forum, so thanks everyone.
    vicky

Florida Expert
    Thanks a million for showing us your wonderful photos . They bring back lovely memories.
    Olive

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nice pictures - I especially like the ones of the OV Forums Slimming Club's night out.[msnwink][msnwink]

OMG, you ordered the Kitchen Sink [msnoo] Great photos.
    Glenda and Geoff

Fantastic, love the pics, pleased you attempted the kitchen sink and will be trying this ourselves when we visit.[clap]
    Jan

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Nice pics Julie.

I know what you mean about waking upto the water feature I love that too and also sunbathing with that being the only noise, it is just so relaxing

I quite like the Eagle Ridge Mall as it is always quite, yes it is not as glamorous as some but I like the fact it is not full of tourists. I don't go for the smaller shops just the department stores which are always a lot emptier than say the FM which I don't like. Of course nothing comes close to MoM, get yoursef back there girl and leave with something this time

The kitchen sink looks...............well the kids look like they are enjoying it!

CDV