Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ELVIS AARON PRESLEY

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar

ELVIS AARON PRESLEY

Although it is the 30th anniversary of his death today I am enjoying listening to all the music they are playing today. There are lots of programmes on in the next few days and I will be watching them all.

Massive fan as you might guess from the avatar! I was 10 when he died and to this day I remember the front page of the Daily Record.

We went to Memphis 6 years ago and of course Graceland was top of the list of things to do.

They keep playing Viva Las Vegas which was sung to us at our wedding by our very own Elvis in Vegas.

My favourite songs are is In the Ghetto, American Trilogy and a dozen othes too Just watched one of his last performances...sad.

CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great fan myself and have many of his records, I remember being very upset and remember it well as it was 2 days after my birthday, and the year my son was born.
    Jean

Me too - It was also the year my son was born.

i remember, i was a massive fan of Elvis Presley and when he died, my sisters then boyfriend said to me "Liesa guess who died?" i didnt know till he told me, i was so upset, he was taking the mickey out of me for being so upset about Elvis,
    little did i know my sisters boyfriend died in the october, he was killed in a car crash he was just 17, so the 16th august brings memories back to me for different reasons,
    love you Derek xx RIP we named our first born son after him,
    love you Elvis xx RIP
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was 8 at the time and can still remember the news being on tv.
    Mum loved Elvis so we were brought up listening to his music and I especially loved his films (at the time of course)

Seen a great act whilst in Majorca a couple of weeks ago, Elvis de Palma, a spanish guy but very good, although not as good looking.
    Paula

Reporters are noising me up now it is not Gracelands!!!!!!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nearly as bad as the people that say Disneyland Orlando !
    Jean

Only one place for them Jean

CDV

Florida Expert
    So sad when a great talent is attached to a tortured soul but it so often is, must be part of the genius.

Although not a massive fan (sorry CDV), I was shocked to hear of his death. I was in the airport at Trinidad at the time waiting for a flight to Tobago and someone had a radio on with very poor reception. Funny how you remember these things. Haven't a clue where I was when JFK died but then I think I was only about 8 at the time [msnwink].

Gold 5 Star Member
    I too was 10 when he died and wasnt really into music so it did not mean much to me at the time.
    I do have say now that the guy was a genius and his music is loved by people of all ages including myself.
    I seem to remember somebody saying that he is making as much dead as he did alive.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx