Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: new york .. again

Florida Chatterbox

new york .. again

well we are going at end of sept now . think we will stay in marriott near staten island ferry as we will be visiting friends in staten island , however never having been before wondered if this is ok to do the centre of town also ? any help grateful recieved !!![msnwink]

Mary I would pick a Midtown hotel so you are more central, we stayed at the Hilton Times Sq on ur last trip and it was a great location and a nice clean big room[msnwink]

The ferry is at the bottom of Manhatten. I would pick a mid town hotel as well to be closer to the hub. There are the jump on jump off buses going all round Manhatten so maybe if the hotel is already booked you could use these.
    Lynne

Florida Chatterbox
    not booked the hotel yet , will probably do that tonight . anyone know the temp at the end of sept ?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by glasgowmary
    not booked the hotel yet , will probably do that tonight . anyone know the temp at the end of sept ?
    [/quote]

Temp in Sept can be mixed but normally still warmer than home, but it can change from one day to the next so take layers

Its a nice month to go in my view and I spent 8 years going at least twice a week[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    My daughter spent 4 weeks in the Big Apple she is just back. She loved everything about New York especially the nightlife and shopping .The only blimp was when she got a severe bite and was advised by the pharmacist to visit the hospital . The visit cost her $450 ,which she will get refunded on her travel insurance . She is already talking about returning there to do her Christmas shopping .Have a great time Mary in New York .
    Olive

Florida Savvy
    We stayed at the Comfort Inn midtown which was less than 3 minute walk to Maceys and about 7 minutes to The Empire State building.We found it to be very central for evrything.Before geting the ferry I would recommend a visit to the South Street Sea Port,great views of the Hudson river and the Brooklyn Bridge.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I stayed in Manhatten, just found it and it was Park Avenue, it was very central. Loews Hotel, was $250+ a night when the rate was 1.39 but it was the first time I had been to New York so thought what the heck. It was opposite the Waldorf Astoria and I remember thinking next time These prices are too much for families I am guessing though, I was a single girl when I went. Manolo Blahnik scene and all thatNot sure I would be allowed now[msneek]

We had 5 days and 4 nights so it was enough for what we wanted to do.
    CDV

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    GlasgowMary - Try the Milford Plaza, it is right beside Time Square and very central for everything[msnsmile2]
    Tricia